Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
bigtimelarry

Atlanta Arms - 100Gr. Steel Challenge

AA states on their website that "Select" ammo uses reconditioned brass, ie. reloads.

Have any of you shooting the Atlanta Arms 100gr rounds measured their over all length?

I'm curious what the OAL is...

This was a 100gr Berry’s HBRN over 4.0 grains of TiteGroup out of a 2011 custom open gun with 6# recoil spring. 

48A374B4-E8FF-4C0E-AB00-B94D2EC1726A.png

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:10 PM, tomv said:

AA states on their website that "Select" ammo uses reconditioned brass, ie. reloads.

I talked to the kid that brought Max over a case of their ammo at the US Steel Shoot. He said they usually use assorted range brass for their loads. I asked if they load with new brass and he said it was generally range stuff. (AKA reloads)

Max didn't seem to mind. He has a load that they have tuned to his gun, same as Doug @ Hornady.

Usac sales sells some factory 80 grain if power factor isn't an issue that's super soft.

Edited by Garmil

From the loads I've tried it seems like about 111-112 power factor is the sweet spot for SC loads in my Steelcats and my friend's DVC Steel gun. 100% reliability. Whether it's a 95 gr bullet going 1150 - 1175 fps or a 115 gr bullet going 970 or so. Lower than that my guns will run 95 - 98% but not quite reliably enough. My guns are new so I'm hoping that when thoroughly broken in they will run sub 110 PF. Actually I'm going to try to get there with the lighter bullet since there's more energy available to work the slide with the higher velocity. Right now running MG 95 gr JHP over 4 gr of N310 @ 1.080 COAL.

With 109 PF 115s the guns feel like a .22, almost no dot movement. Slide cycles slower than with 95s but still OK for me.