Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arredondo mag extensions?

I’d like to pick up some mag extensions for my limited M&P been looking at all the main ones. I can get Arredondo extensions with spring for 22 bucks. The other ones are 32 and above. Are the Arredondo worth it or should I spend the extra and get the aluminum ones either the Taylor freelance or taran tactical. I know the Arredondo are polymer but are they durable? I shoot a match or two a month and dry fire at least 15 minutes a day so they will hit concrete. 

I've had a few of the Arredondos, and they have not ever failed me. I even whittled the top corners down on a couple to get them to work in a SSS magwell and they have held up just fine.

Edited by wgj3

I ran several Arredondo 140mm  extensions for a while. They never let me down, but I could not load them to the rated capacity (Arredondo extensions on my M&P9 only held 22 rounds, whereas TTI hold 23). For this reason I switched to TTI, and I gave my Arredondo extensions away to a friend; as far as I know, they have continued to serve him well. If the $$$ saved is worth the extra round of capacity lost, then buy with confidence.

Note that a lot of magazine extensions may not be compatible with aftermarket mag funnels, so check your particular combination to ensure functionality.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I am lucky enough to have some Arredondo extensions handed down to me.  I’ve been using them for about 2 years or so with no issues to this point.  Drop cleanly out of my stock m&p landing in gravel has not hurt them a bit, DONT know about concrete though.   

• 2 weeks later...

I used the Arredondo mag extensions for a few months when I bought a used M&P 40 that I thought would make a good starter gun for limited division major. I sold the gun when I picked up a CZ Tactical Sport used. Ended up selling the mag extensions to my friend who had a M&P Pro 9mm. He used them for a whole season to shoot limited minor. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Marcus09 said:

I use Springer Precision, I've tried several and found that SP were the best in my experience.

just put a couple of these on my M&P mags today :)

and I can get 23 rounds into them right off the bat.

8 hours ago, Marcus09 said:

Are you running 9mm..?

I run them with 40 major, so they top out at 20 rounds.

yes 9mm getting the last one in is

tight but it gets in. I'm not clear what that little hex bolt is supposed to do? tighten it down when the mag is on? or back it out? I don't get it

Edited by kmanick

10 hours ago, kmanick said:

yes 9mm getting the last one in is

tight but it gets in. I'm not clear what that little hex bolt is supposed to do? tighten it down when the mag is on? or back it out? I don't get it

Yeah, getting the 20th round in mine is a chore sometimes.

It is a retention screw (of sorts).

They are too short in my opinion, I have deformed some of them dropping mags on a hard surface, while they were backed out a bit too far. So I bought some new ones at Home Depot that are twice as long and  they work much better.

• 2 weeks later...