Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ck arms “solution”

Pcew73

I’m looking to go back to a 2011 platform from cz and was looking at the “Solution” from Ck Arms.  Anyone have any experience with the pistol.  Thank you

Not the Solution, but I have 3 of their pistols and love them.  The Solution lets you save a few hundred if you like by leaving off a few of the options.  The major components, fit, finish and accuracy will be the same.

thank you for the info.  Does anyone have information on the ck arms thunder that oak hill guns is selling.  Is it a solution with upgrades or is this a different gun 

16 minutes ago, Pcew73 said:

Yes I could do that, but I want to hear from some guys who actually own the guns and see what if any problems they may be having with them.  

The Search Function on this forum is your friend.

40 minutes ago, CHA-LEE said:

The Search Function on this forum is your friend.

Why even respond?

I have a local buddy who has been shooting CK Arms pistols for the last couple of years.  The guns shoot way better than he does.  Way better.

Bobby amd Matt keep moving forward and offering new products.

In fact, he just bought a PCC from them .

Thank you Trent.   I had a 2011 and had some problems with it.  I got a little panicked and with the season coming soon I sold it. Now looking to go back to that platform.  I’ve been reading in the forums a bunch and doing my research.  I know I can’t afford an infinity or atlas. I’m on a budget so before I end buying something I wanted to get as much information as possible.  The ck Solution seems to be the route I’m going to go.  I just wanted to see if there are guys in here that have way more experience than  do,  what their experiences were with the Solution or the Thunder. 

Pcew....

To me, the trigger isn't perfect.  But my idea and others idea of a perfect trigger are different.

It isn't bad, just different.  If you are coming from Production, you may love it.  I have been 1911/2011's for my entire shooting career and I know what I prefer and don't.

All Manufacturers deliver a trigger that works.  The gun will run for sure out of the box.

My buddy was such a supporter he got invited to represent the CK Arms team.  That is how much he loves their guns.

Best of luck to you.  If you want direct contact with him, or my other Master Open shooter buddy who recently bought a CK Arms Open gun, PM me and i'll give you their contact info.

Once you go 2011, every other platform sucks.

The main difference between the Solution and Thunder is cosmetics and the trigger components. 

Thunder gets Extreme Engineering parts (2.5 lb) whereas the Solution gets Ed Brown (3.5 lb)

Last fall I had a local smith build a CK Arms Limited gun.  Its pretty close to some of the builds you see on Freedom's site:  CK steel grip, CK frame and slide, KKM barrel, EGW small parts and Infinity Long Flat trigger.  I freaking love that pistol.  I have a great smith who specializes in 2011 builds and does amazing work but the CK arms components he worked with were first rate.

If you're looking for opinions on current quality of CK stuff - I'm very impressed with mine.

1 hour ago, Husker95 said:

Last fall I had a local smith build a CK Arms Limited gun.  Its pretty close to some of the builds you see on Freedom's site:  CK steel grip, CK frame and slide, KKM barrel, EGW small parts and Infinity Long Flat trigger.  I freaking love that pistol.  I have a great smith who specializes in 2011 builds and does amazing work but the CK arms components he worked with were first rate.

If you're looking for opinions on current quality of CK stuff - I'm very impressed with mine.

can you pm me his information i would like to reach out to him 

I ordered one on Tuesday and they shipped it yesterday.  Did a few upgrades to it and should have it when I get home Tuesday.  Really looking forward to getting it.  

That looks a lot like the sti trubor pistol,, and about the same price..

Question,,when you send it in for service,or something broke,, who pays for the shipping ?

that can be expensive.

22 minutes ago, EEH said:

That looks a lot like the sti trubor pistol,, and about the same price..

I wanted something semi custom. I picked a few things out I wanted done right away and somethings I’ll be able to upgrade later after the season.  I upgraded the grip, fire controls, and exctractor.  I’m excited to get it and from what I’ve read ck arms builds a nice gun.