Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

4" Groups at 25 Yards

46 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

http://www.classifiercalc.com/classifier_diagrams/99-48.pdf

For what it is worth, it is not 25 yards but working this classifier in practice seems to be helping me with match accuracy.

For quick & simple set up I just use a black marker to indicate where the no shoot would be, anything except 12 alphas is a failure. 

Target presentations like this help keep you honest and not accept Cs. Practicing on partials or noshoots at distant help build confidence for most match distance. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2018 at 7:35 AM, IHAVEGAS said:

Practicing with a good revolver is good for my semi-auto accuracy, for whatever reason. 

Coming from DCM type rifle competition over to action pistol shooting,and coaching myself through it,I realized I could shoot a revolver in double action better than in the light crisp single action mode. I contribute his to a true surprise break of the continuous rolling action of the trigger press eliminating the calculated moment of hammer fall with the single action mode. Pre ignition push dosen't exist,or is very limited in double action. Want to be a great offhand rifle shooter,learn to hold true with the delayed ignition of a flintlock. Similar principle.

On 5/3/2018 at 7:35 AM, IHAVEGAS said:

Practicing with a good revolver is good for my semi-auto accuracy, for whatever reason. 

Coming from DCM type rifle competition over to action pistol shooting,and coaching myself through it,I realized I could shoot a revolver in double action better than in the light crisp single action mode. I contribute his to a true surprise break of the continuous rolling action of the trigger press eliminating the calculated moment of hammer fall with the single action mode. Pre ignition push dosen't exist,or is very limited in double action. Want to be a great offhand rifle shooter,learn to hold true with the delayed ignition of a flintlock. Similar principle.