Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any 45acp Shield owners here?

awmp

• 1 month later...

I have one and really like it.  I shoot it better than a 1911 Colt Officers model at 25yrds. 

In fact, for me, it shoots almost as good as a light weight 1911 commander.

My particular 45 Shield appears to be more accurate than my 9mm Shield 1.0

The 45 Shield has not had a single malfunction in over 1,000 rnds, shooting everything from 185gr Gold Dots, old 200gr Speer Flying Ashtray reloads, to 230gr Gold Saber, Hydra-Shok, and Win Hollow Points.  It has worked with both factory & reloads.  Hard ball equivalent to Soft Ball (192 PF to 150 PF out of 5" Govt full size).

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a shield 9mm PC and have been carrying it for I think almost 2 years. It shoots well, low recoil, carries easily, etc. My buddy liked it so much he bought the 45 shield. We have both shot it fewer than a dozen times. It may have been ammo choice (230gn ball) but the recoil was punishing. like being punched in the hand. I'm not recoil sensitive but a full mag got me to put it down and shake out my hand. Not debating caliber or anything but the shield in 45 was downright unpleasant to shoot, where the 9 I end up taking to the range every time since it's comfy and shoots like a bigger gun. 

On 6/27/2018 at 5:58 AM, steviesterno said:

I bought a shield 9mm PC and have been carrying it for I think almost 2 years. It shoots well, low recoil, carries easily, etc. My buddy liked it so much he bought the 45 shield. We have both shot it fewer than a dozen times. It may have been ammo choice (230gn ball) but the recoil was punishing. like being punched in the hand. I'm not recoil sensitive but a full mag got me to put it down and shake out my hand. Not debating caliber or anything but the shield in 45 was downright unpleasant to shoot, where the 9 I end up taking to the range every time since it's comfy and shoots like a bigger gun. 

Makes sense. It’s a really narrow grip. I’ve never shot one but every time I want to buy one I stop myself. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Shield 45 here as well. Perceived recoil less than my 1.0 9mm shield. Very addictive! soft shooter,Very accurate! Like it best of all of my m&P's. Issues loading and unloading the 7 round magazines.  Does not like Brazos 200gr.swc. But shoots everything else it's fed. Shooting 200gr rn plated with 5.1 gr sport pistol. Have High Noon slide guard owb and Vedder litetuck iwb. Both great holsters.Trigger fine after break in. Going to paint front sight, and call it good. My edc, and I am comfortable with it. About 700 rnds, only issue is with too light loaded handloads, and slide scraping up brass! Mine does not have safety, wish it did... Would not hesitate to get another!

Any loads appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the PC .45 Shield but haven't ordered a holster for it yet.   It's going to be coming soon!   This gun has fired everything I've tried without hiccups from 200gr SWC bullseye loads to 255gr SWC for bowling pins.   No malfunctions what so ever.    I'm a 1911 guy, but this little gem has one me over.   I plan to get a crossbreed or alien gear appendix or behind the back holster.   I'd like to see what others are using to carry it as well!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I work for a small city Police Department and a couple years ago we were carrying Glock 21 Gen4’s as our duty gun so the chief wanted a .45ACP backup gun. The shield was the best option at the time so that’s what we got. We carried them on our ankle for on duty carry and I have to admit that the grip was pretty hard on socks and pant legs. But the guns shot amazing. I will say that with really hot +P loss they are pretty uncomfortable to shoot. Almost surprisingly so. But they are as accurate and reliable and small as you could ask a .45ACP to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have had one for a few years. They are accurate little 45’s. The recoil isn’t bad with standard loads, but gets a little snappy with Federal HST 230+p. It still easy to control. I used to carry in a Ritchie Leather OWB. I picked up a Crimson Trace laser guard pro/light with IWB kydex for $80 on sale which has added a little size. I don’t carry it much anymore, but will probably start again this winter. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...