Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shockbottle Hundo

HalRex

I've got an EGW 7-round gauge for my 9mm rounds but am thinking about grabbing one of the Hundo 100-round gauges. Worth it? I've noted in some reviews that it's not as "tight" as the EGW which would be fine as both my CO and Open 9mms cycle fine with rounds that stick a bit in the EGW. Sure like the idea of being able to just flip over the Hundo and dump 100 right into the case.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, HalRex said:

I've got an EGW 7-round gauge for my 9mm rounds but am thinking about grabbing one of the Hundo 100-round gauges. Worth it? I've noted in some reviews that it's not as "tight" as the EGW which would be fine as both my CO and Open 9mms cycle fine with rounds that stick a bit in the EGW. Sure like the idea of being able to just flip over the Hundo and dump 100 right into the case.

The Hundo falls into my category of “one of the best purchases I have made”. Right up there with Mr Bulletfeeder.

My longer 40 Limited loads wouldn’t gauge in my LE Wilson so I got the hundo xl. $100 at Ben Stoeger pro shop

Love it. Saves time and transfers right into a Dillon ammo box. Worth the coin to me. 

Edited by Paulie

After thousands of rounds using my barrel I finally got fed up and spent the money for a Hundo. Then I bought another and now I have one for 9mm and 40 sw, the xl. 

Sure speeds up up the whole process and makes it easier to visually see the rejects. 

All the rounds I've run through my hundo have loaded and fired perfectly. If it is a little looser than other gauges, it can't be by much. Definitely one of the better purchases you can make in your shooting career.

If you are going to take the time to gauge, might as well use a Hundo because you can flip it right into the ammo box. 

+1 on the Shockbottle website.  They sell blems for $69.00 

23 hours ago, HalRex said:

ShockBottle makes a 9x19 SuperMatch version of the 9mm hundo that is a little tighter...  You might want to go with that...  I bought mine directly from ShockBottle.

The things you learn about on the forum. I've never heard of this company before. I've been using my single Lyman case gauge on each round I load for a few years now. I'm going to buy one of the blemished gauges once they pop up. Unfortunately they're sold out of those on their site at this time

Wanted to get one of these for some time but either sources wouldn't ship internationally or the postage almost doubled the cost.

Found a seller on eBay that is based in Slovenia that makes an anodised match grade gauge complete with a flipper lid that shipped DownUnder for a fraction of the cost of US postage.

Very pleased with the unit so would recommend it especially for anybody not based in USA.

On 5/4/2018 at 2:45 PM, Bullett said:

The things you learn about on the forum. I've never heard of this company before. I've been using my single Lyman case gauge on each round I load for a few years now. I'm going to buy one of the blemished gauges once they pop up. Unfortunately they're sold out of those on their site at this time

If I lost mine I’d happily pay $150 to replace it. They’re that beneficial.

Only a mrbulletfeeder has been a better addition to the reloading process on my 650.

On 5/5/2018 at 4:45 PM, OzzieDoc said:

Found a seller on eBay that is based in Slovenia that makes an anodised match grade gauge complete with a flipper lid that shipped DownUnder for a fraction of the cost of US postage.

Very pleased with the unit so would recommend it especially for anybody not based in USA.

Do you have a link? I got the hundo already but the flipper lid should be ok. Saw the one w/ lid made by armanov but not in ebay and only in 9. 

7 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

What is a flipper lid?

I have one of ShockBottle's flip trays...  It's a polymer tray that makes it easier to flip from the Shockbottle chamber checker to the ammo box...  Very handy...

Flip_Tray_8__62875.1445545253.370.370.JP

Cannot find this in their site. Care to help?

On 5/6/2018 at 8:59 PM, BoyGlock said:

Do you have a link? I got the hundo already but the flipper lid should be ok. Saw the one w/ lid made by armanov but not in ebay and only in 9. 

Yes, thats the one. He has an eBay site (armanov_com).

His flip cover is a heavy machined anodised aluminium unit that is included with the gauge as standard.

He doesn't appear to have 40 cal but I'm assume he is a small operation that would tool up if there was enough interest, say a group buy.

When I ordered my gauge I found communication with him was easy.

16 minutes ago, OzzieDoc said:

Yes, thats the one. He has an eBay site (armanov_com).

His flip cover is a heavy machined anodised aluminium unit that is included with the gauge as standard.

He doesn't appear to have 40 cal but I'm assume he is a small operation that would tool up if there was enough interest, say a group buy.

When I ordered my gauge I found communication with him was easy.

No its not the one. The one I linked is a shockbottle item. It's polymer.