Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Foxtrot Mike uppers

I have one with a NFA Glock lower, 2k rounds thru it. No issues. I was initially wanting the NFA side charge upper but for a 200.00 savings, picked this one instead. 

Also, where the charge handle is positioned, it ends up being a perfect place for a repeatable grip.

Edited by Backwoods

I have a 16' inch upper running on a QC 10 lower.  I am using a MBX comp and a Taccom3g buffer.  I've shot a couple of local matches and it's been great.  I did have some mating issues between the lower and upper but I figured it out and did a slight mod to the extractor to allow it to seat properly into the Bcg. (it wasnt lining up) but other than that my groups are really good shooting a 135gr bullet.  

I got one when Primary Arms had a screaming special on them a couple of months ago. I just got an email that my EDC Tactical lower shipped, so I should have it up and running in the next few days. I've already spec'ed out a Taccom buffer and Hiperfire Eclipse to round things out. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been running an FM upper and FM Billet Lower from them since Nov/December of last year.

Love the charging handle.  Easy manipulation of the BCG and a great index point for my grip.

The thing eats any ammo you throw at it.  It was designed to run cheap steel ammo, but loves everything.

If you do have any problems with it... Paul (owner) will bend over backwards to help you get it resolved... Even bring in other owners to help if you decide to go with a different lower then FM-Products.... 

I originally built mine with a Tork Mag G-Block and he helped with some minor fitting issues and got it all worked out....

Not a bad way to go and it's at a great price!!!

Edited by lowball020

Hey guys if you have questions hit me up at paul@fm-products.com

As far as the charging handle is concerned, it is ambi, and non reciprocating.  Lots of competitive shooters using our stuff to date.  We even developed an ultra light barrel that is 12 ozs lighter and eats reloads.  Glad to have been pointed to the thread

Foxtrot Mike

4 hours ago, lowball020 said:

If you do have any problems with it... Paul (owner) will bend over backwards to help you get it resolved... Even bring in other owners to help if you decide to go with a different lower then FM-Products.... 

This!

Paul has been great about communication. He's pointed me in the right direction a couple of times already. 

What's this about an ultralight barrel?!

Edited by TortugaNH
On 5/14/2018 at 6:33 PM, TortugaNH said:

This!

Paul has been great about communication. He's pointed me in the right direction a couple of times already. 

What's this about an ultralight barrel?!

There were some posts by Paul about how they developed (or were testing) and Ultralight barrel design for competition shooting.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got a Foxtrot Mike 16" upper yesterday and dropped some rounds into the chamber that would normally engage the rifling in my PSA PCC chamber upper and they spun like it was nothing.    I may load up a test round this weekend and see what the actual max OAL is with a RMR 124gr flat point FMJ. 

Edited by chevrofreak

Ooo I'm going  to contact paul@fm-products.com

I have a There FM-9 complete upper,  I have been happy with it. I think I would like it if lighter.  upon receiving it I had impression this might be a little heavier than I prefer. Its cool and  shoots well and does not move around much.. Have it mounted to a KE arms lower, It has a nice magwell. the magazines go in and come out well.

thank you KE arms for sponsoring the 2017 AZ state PCC championship.

• 5 months later...

I just recieved my Foxtrot Mike 16" upper and installed it on a PSA glock lower. I am very pleased with the setup as it ran everything I put in it straight out of the box! 115 reloads, 115 factory, and a few different kinds of 147 gr factory. I also tried both ETS and factory glock mags and had no issues whatsoever! Hats off to the guys at FM for making a great product!

7 hours ago, greatlakes08 said:

I just recieved my Foxtrot Mike 16" upper and installed it on a PSA glock lower. I am very pleased with the setup as it ran everything I put in it straight out of the box! 115 reloads, 115 factory, and a few different kinds of 147 gr factory. I also tried both ETS and factory glock mags and had no issues whatsoever! Hats off to the guys at FM for making a great product!

Can you tell what the difference is between the Glock and Colt uppers? Conventional knowledge is the Glock bolt has a narrower cocking rib to run between Glock mag feed lips. Wonder why they would catalog 2 different bolts when a Glock bolt will work with both.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:47 PM, lowball020 said:

There were some posts by Paul about how they developed (or were testing) and Ultralight barrel design for competition shooting.

You would be correct sir there is a pencil thin barrel from Foxtrot Mike.  I have one and haven't had the chance to install it yet but I plan on getting it in my upper. 

I agree with greatlakes08, you can't go wrong with the Foxtrot Mike uppers or their lowers.  Paul over at FTM had two different style lowers.  I currently have the billet lower on my rife and love.  NOT ONE ISSUE! 

Memphis Mechanic I'm a lefty also.  The charging handle is ambidextrous.  You will need a 9" or longer 3/16 allen wrench (think that was the size) to loosen a set screw on it then just flip it over.  Paul designed a new smaller charging handle for the uppers as well.  Think he is offering them for free you just cover the S&H which is $10 but I may be wrong.  You get three different charging handles to choose from and one is two sided and can be used by both left handed and wrong handed shooters.

Anyone know how much the FM uppers weigh with the lighter barrel?  I'm comparing options on a build and looking at weight.  Really like the side-charging and that forward position looks like it would be useful during unloaded starts and during malfunctions.  But looking at the weight trade off, I like a light rifle.