Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does anyone else think the Rts2 is a POS?

3gunDQ

1 hour ago, d_striker said:

I have two Sig Romeo 3's.  Approx 30k on one and 10k on another.  No issues with either at all.  

That's awesome, I have been totally happy with mine, I wonder if the front housing has anything to due with longevity or just a body difference from the cmore

Edited by Acsr

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/30/2018 at 9:55 PM, teros135 said:

No.  Mine always worked fine, from Day 1.

Please take your product bashing somewhere else.  Thanks.  

Agreed , just because you have issues with a product does not mean it is a POS. I have an RTS2 V4, and a DPP. The RTS2 had issues similar to the OP’s and it was because the rear of the battery tray was broke. You wouldn’t see this as it seems fine but is noticeable once you pull it. These battery trays have a very thin piece of plastic in the rear and this easily breaks causing the battery to lose contact. Cmore immediately sent me a new battery tray and now all is good. The DPP was another story. The one I got couldn’t hold a battery charge and the sensor didn’t work from day 1. I sent it to Leupold for repair and they told me is a dud and they could not fix it. They sent me a new one that has worked spot on to this day. These are both excellent sights, but there are ones that have issues. That’s what the warranty department is for and they will fix you up, unless you call their product a POS........

Edited by abb1

19 hours ago, Kema said:

Coming from same factory at Japan.

Probably right with some minor changes, but I have no complaints but haven't tried any other mini dot

13 hours ago, 3gunDQ said:

They will fix it up anyways... that is what a warranty is. Take your liberal view of product bashing and stick it where the sun don’t shine. If I have to send the same optic back three times in a year THAT MAKES IT A PIECE OF SHIT. If you don’t agree I’d suspect you as a government employee. 

You talk to people with that attitude and it is no wonder they keep sending you duds. I know several shooters that use the RTS2 and they do not have an issue. The problem is on your end!

• 1 month later...

On 5/2/2018 at 9:54 PM, d_striker said:

I have two Sig Romeo 3's.  Approx 30k on one and 10k on another.  No issues with either at all.  

I’ve been wondering how these ran. Thanks for the info !

Thanks for posting this I was going to get a couple. But at 400 ea, I think I will just stay with my old railway and slide ride. They both work great and battery life is long.

Edited by usmc1974

Cmore rts2 is the best dot. The window is sweet, I like the lower height,  but I need them fixed on the reg. It is the only product I keep using after knowing the reliability is not so good. I have even purchased another since I started this thread. It’s madness. 

1 hour ago, 3gunDQ said:

Cmore rts2 is the best dot. The window is sweet, I like the lower height,  but I need them fixed on the reg. It is the only product I keep using after knowing the reliability is not so good. I have even purchased another since I started this thread. It’s madness. 

Sell and switch to the Romeo 3. Same everything besides a slightly longer footprint and better quality. 

I’m in the same boat as you. I’ve played the replacement game and I’m done with the company. Anyone who uses consumers as beta testers in a niche market is playing with fire.

I switched to DPP’s with continued success.

If it didn’t look like a shoebox, I’d seriously consider the new Aimpoint coming out.

3 hours ago, B_Seehawer said:

I switched to DPP’s with continued success.

What moa? ...I’m willing to try anything. The vortex razor window is too small, otherwise it is badass. 

So here’s my take on all these optics...you either get a unit that is virtually problem free...or a piece of crap.

Im the not so proud owner of 3. DPP....every single on has has problems. Shut of , will not shutoff at all, no control over variable bright control...then shuts off. Leupold has been as compassionate as possible on a 3-4 week turn around for each repair...asked for a new unit

....as of last week shipping no new units....so much for that......how did I get 3 lemons in a row from different sources....and the beat goes on.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2018 at 5:29 PM, Acsr said:

I would be curious if there is a failure rate connection with the rts2 and the Romeo 3, I have had my r3 for 1.5 to 2 yrs and not a single issue, bright enough crisp dot, sips the battery, same mount pattern as the rts2, maybe just not as many out there for a high failure rate, but I am putting another on my new gun when compete

The romeo 3 will work on a rts2 mount?

1 hour ago, corbinfouquet said:

The romeo 3 will work on a rts2 mount?

Yes it will. If you have a blast shield you may have to cut it off. It is slightly longer than the RTS2. Atlas makes a mount with blast shield for it. 

So I switched to the Rts2 a while back, I own THREE Rts2 optics for TWO pistols because they are constantly in need of repair... currently TWO of them are down. One is fresh out of the box off “repair” for the glass blowing out of it. I got it back 4 months ago or so and just broke a newer one... slapped this one on the gun and it is on the blink. Literally, shoot it goes off... shoot again and it’s back on. Yes, I changed the battery with a tested battery and the battery is not the issue. 

Did I buy a few that were made on Friday or are they all s#!t? ...I  think they are all s#!t. Either the design or the manufacturing (or both) is lacking. $370 a piece s#!t heaps. 

I had the battery issue just recently. Shoot and it goes off shoot again come back on. Replaced the battery with a tested battery, same thing. Just for the heck of it, I put a new eveready battery in and the dot brightened up and no more problems. Moral of this story is not all batteries are the same. My experience at least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro