Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My MPX build.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, v1911 said:

Thanks for posting Rowdy. You make look so effortless. Watching your moves, you looked relaxed and fluid. The MPX looked good too. ;)

No one has ever said I look fast though... hahhahaha. Thank you man.

On 6/20/2018 at 8:55 AM, rowdyb said:

Well, getting closer to GM with the mpx in Steel Challenge

scpcco.JPG

great job!

You're closer than me.

Division Class High % Current % High % Set
PCC Optics M 90.89 90.89 6/20/18
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to getting all of my go-fast parts installed. I won't post a pic only because it looks so similar to what you already have on this thread.

My only disappointment is with the safety i installed. I knew the hyperfire triggers were very selective as to which 45 degree safeties were compatible but even at 90 degrees, it doesn't switch from safe to fire smoothly. It fees like a 2 stage safety (that's now a thing that I just came up with). I really have to crank down on the safety to get it to disengage and I can feel it fight the trigger as it passes the 45degree mark. But I spent so much time installing and uninstalling the friggin trigger that I didn't want to mess with it anymore and I'm going to see if this safety smooths out with practice. If it doesn't, then I'll have to find something else.

1 hour ago, v1911 said:

I finally got around to getting all of my go-fast parts installed. I won't post a pic only because it looks so similar to what you already have on this thread.

My only disappointment is with the safety i installed. I knew the hyperfire triggers were very selective as to which 45 degree safeties were compatible but even at 90 degrees, it doesn't switch from safe to fire smoothly. It fees like a 2 stage safety (that's now a thing that I just came up with). I really have to crank down on the safety to get it to disengage and I can feel it fight the trigger as it passes the 45degree mark. But I spent so much time installing and uninstalling the friggin trigger that I didn't want to mess with it anymore and I'm going to see if this safety smooths out with practice. If it doesn't, then I'll have to find something else.

I don't have an MPX but I just installed a 50/90 safety on my AR9 with a Hiperfire and it sounds very similar to this. It is very tight and kind of gritty. I haven't had a chance to fire it yet, but it seems to be working properly otherwise.

Lena and I have been comparing pcc times during practice recently (i bring mine along for a break from pistol during the day) so I now have some new time goals for simple things like 10yard plate racks, and so on.

Finally made it to the range to test fire and sight in. 1st 100 rounds of wwb ran flawlessly. Both gen1 and gen2 mags worked without issue as well. I do believe that the gen1 mags can work reliably in the gen2 with the proper bullet OAL.

Of course nothing ever goes wrong when you’re just punching paper. Next week I’m trying my damnest to get a match in. I haven’t shot in over 6 months so I don’t expect to win, but I do intend to enjoy myself. 

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 7:23 AM, rowdyb said:

Works just fine. Unloaded starts go just fine as well. If you like how it feels keep it, it's like what less than 30 bucks? Heck, I thought of just running the polymer portion of the taccom buffer and no spring as it looks like that'd work to. Again, it feels kinda like a personal preference thing. If I had to try and quantify the difference I'd put it in singe digits percent difference from stock.

I moved the optic back closer to my face, I like that better. I have tried a 3moa ff3 and an 8moa ff3. I like the precision I get with the 3 but I like the speed of the 8 and the greater ability to see the 8 in brighter sunlight.

So I ordered a cmore railway in 6moa to see if that is a good compromise. Until then I will be shooting the 3moa in steel challenge and in idpa pcc. Oh, and at a classifier match this weekend. Try and bump up the 60% I am currently in PCC.....

I also had my holster guy make me a pouch for a mag. So I have now a Sig branded pouch, the CompTac one and now a custom one-of from RLN.

Rowdy do you like the C-more 6 MOA? I have some decisions to make 🙂

• 1 year later...