Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My MPX build.

Well I went a little crazy on a recent buying and selling spree and one of the things that happened is I picked up a gen2 MPX for playing with in Steel Challenge and/or USPSA when I need a break from Production. Kinda feel like I went all-in, but I'm OK with that.

It arrived today and before I've even put a single live round through it I installed:

magpul buis I had laying around while I wait for another Burris FF3, 3 moa, arrive. (still on the way)

an AR mount for a FF3 I already had laying around

SSI bottom feeder magwell

Timney Calvin Elite trigger

Odin Works extended mag release

Next Level Armory charging handle

Taran Tactical +11 basepads (still on the way, slow shipping)

Thordson buffer tube adaptor (still on the way) to use spare AR stock stuff I have laying around. (gun came with the Sig side folder that's all right)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you got bit by the same bug I did. Looks like we upgraded many of the same things. The only additional things I added was Ergo deluxe grip and Isler CF handguard.

The killer for me is that I’m currently laid up with back problems. So I have a bone stock MPX and a box full of goodies and I can’t assemble or play with it.

Be sure to hit us with a pic of the rifle or better yet, a video of you running it. :)

10 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Well I went a little crazy on a recent buying and selling spree and one of the things that happened is I picked up a gen2 MPX for playing with in Steel Challenge and/or USPSA when I need a break from Production. Kinda feel like I went all-in, but I'm OK with that.

It arrived today and before I've even put a single live round through it I installed:

magpul buis I had laying around while I wait for another Burris FF3, 3 moa, arrive. (still on the way)

an AR mount for a FF3 I already had laying around

SSI bottom feeder magwell

Timney Calvin Elite trigger

Odin Works extended mag release

Next Level Armory charging handle

Taran Tactical +11 basepads (still on the way, slow shipping)

Thordson buffer tube adaptor (still on the way) to use spare AR stock stuff I have laying around. (gun came with the Sig side folder that's all right)

I did pretty much the same thing.

I got a PCC and put 100 rounds through it so I knew it worked and sighted the cmore in. Then I finished it out the way I wanted it. I was waiting for spring to get here so i could start shooting it again to test out all the new pieces I put in it when a health issue presented itself. At first I wasn't allowed to do anything and now i just can't afford to do anything because I haven't been released to go back to work. At this point it is going to be fall by the time I get caught up enough to start shooting anything.

4 hours ago, MikieM said:

Bring it up to Twin Lakes, Saturday, and lets see how she runs. :D

I shot 150 through it with no errors today. So that means disaster is ready to strike any moment hahaha.

I'm coming up Sat, but I'll probably ride a motorcycle, so I'll shoot Prod twice. Or maybe Prod/Lim minor.

10 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

I shot 150 through it with no errors today. So that means disaster is ready to strike any moment hahaha.

I'm coming up Sat, but I'll probably ride a motorcycle, so I'll shoot Prod twice. Or maybe Prod/Lim minor.

Cool.

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

Seems just fine, balance wise. I'd like a slightly smaller diameter fore end.

3.30gr Sport Pistol, 147gr plated rnfp, 1.100" oal.

Hello: Try some 115's at 138-145PF and a Isler handguard. I think you will like the balance better. Just strap that PCC to your motorcycle and go. I am trying to figure the best way to mount it to my motorcycle using a dry bag and Rok straps. Thanks, Eric

I'm pretty heavily invested in 147, so no new weight bullets for me. But thank you.

I've carried my 9mm ar on the bike by separating the upper and lower then putting in a larger packback. With being able to to take the stock off the mpx easily and then separate the halves I bet I could stash it all sorts of ways.

What do you think of the Isler handguard? I heard that it wasn't measurably lighter than the stock one...?

Love the Isler HG. The diameter is perfect for my hands. The weight difference from the stock HG may not be a big difference but the overall feel and balance seem to make my gun handling in USPSA matches more manageable. YMMV.

Downside is it is quite an investment. But it has the "WOW" factor.

If you have the additional budget, I highly recommend it.

20180421_211949.thumb.jpg.29501de131903068deaf632b4ce0272a.jpg

12.25" version ordered this morning. i hope the color isn't as bronze looking as it is in their website photos.

and the taccom buffer as well, just to try as it was cheap.

TTI basepads arrived today. Feel great.  Got 41 in the mags with the lula loader just fine.

Sig stock off, awaiting Throdsen adaptor to run an AR style buffer tube and stock I had in my spares pile.

Taccom buffer thingy on order, awaiting it. Not sure if this is a "need" but I want to try it for $25 bucks.

Isler 12" cf handguard on order, awaiting it. I didn't regret the money for the trigger, I hope I feel the same about this spendy item.

Burris FF3 arrives Friday. Same optic as my CO gun, so commonality in front of my face.

20 round mag arrives Monday. Basically a classifier only reload mag.

So next week I'll have what I feel is a pretty no compromises MPX build up and done. Shooting it today with iron sights is sure seems a flat shooting gun. And the forward ejection pattern is interesting.

Gosh dang it, you guys are making me want to buy one of these, I had one staring me in the face at my local gun shop yesterday and was impressed with my self control. I’m really liking my GMR-15 though. The other thing is that the fast guys, at least locally all seem to be shooting these colt and Glock magged SBR things that I feel like are probably the fastest anyhow because they definitely have the most mobility. They’re basically really high capacity pistols with dots and lasers, which to me almost makes it unfair against carbines like this, especially going around barriers, changing shoulders/hands, etc. Still very fun though.

32 minutes ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Gosh dang it, you guys are making me want to buy one of these, I had one staring me in the face at my local gun shop yesterday and was impressed with my self control. 

I hear ya. I live and work right by Sig HQ and their Academy/Pro Shop. It's all I can do to not run in and buy one and you guys aren't helping!

Edited by TortugaNH