Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

That Blue Tanfo...

Just now, Fasthenk65 said:

Nice job! Some people (like me) have to buy the Xtreme trigger to get this result. Let us know how the load did work!

I considered it but didn't want to wait two weeks for one to arrive, with a full blown metal shop it is a quick job to modify the standard trigger.

I'll let you know how the load tests progress!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've installed a Unica hammer, custom sear and lighter main and firing pin springs. Now the trigger is perfect, it was a bit too heavy for my taste before.

I have also epoxy glued carbide sand to the grips since the originals would soon get slippery when the palms get sweaty.

Happy new year!

94FB2D78-E882-4970-99A5-7F611B9F27DC.jpe

Edited by Johansson81

• 1 month later...

A bit of more work done to the Domina, a new thumb rest has been made, the mag release button has been extended and I have milled a large three port compensator that I just got back from hard anodizing.

The new comp makes a world of difference, the dot is back on target even before the slide has cycled, the original comp is way too small for a non-hybrid barrel in my humble opinion.

The angle of the photo makes the comp look larger than it really is.🙂

7EF00B94-3661-4EE2-8CBE-B76A3B1CF3D8.jpe

Edited by Johansson81

The new comp is awesome! Much less recoil and dot movement, I shot a couple of series with 80%A and the rest C at 25 yards at a speed that would have given me several Mikes with the original comp.

You can see the ports working in the pic, fire out of all three ports and only a puff of smoke out through the end.

newcomp domina.jpg

Thanks for sharing with the Americans!

I really enjoy the Stock 3 in 10mm; softest shooting 10mm (the Perfect 10 was nice, too).

I think your shared data points on the open configuration will help many of the Americans that wish to go this route; comparing it with the CZs, whether it be load or porting, I've seen the Czechmates be super flippy. I've not seen vids of them being shot, so I can't comment, but IRL, that is how they look, to me. Per your post, perhaps this is improper porting.

3 hours ago, blueorison said:

Thanks for sharing with the Americans!

I really enjoy the Stock 3 in 10mm; softest shooting 10mm (the Perfect 10 was nice, too).

I think your shared data points on the open configuration will help many of the Americans that wish to go this route; comparing it with the CZs, whether it be load or porting, I've seen the Czechmates be super flippy. I've not seen vids of them being shot, so I can't comment, but IRL, that is how they look, to me. Per your post, perhaps this is improper porting.

You are welcome!

I have very little experience with open guns other than this one, but I suspect that a non-hybrid barrelled design shooting Major loads will need a pretty efficient (read large) comp in order to behave.