That Blue Tanfo...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

think this one looks best

IMG_5159 2.JPG

Im not personally fond of the one memphis posted but I like these grips on this gun.  Nice thing is you can like it & you can buy it.  Choices are great even if they arent something I would choose.

Gross, lol. It’s got that nasty powder coat greasy-gloss sheen to it.

wholly unappealing.

As boring as hard chrome is, it’s got a durability pedigree that these EZ-Bake oven finishes cant hold a candle to.

Edited by Alderleet

Apparently I could make quite a killing buying the smurfguns and doing a “cerakote and flip” in either Black and blue, or stainless and black.

My Stock 3 when I sold it: :D

If only such activities didn’t require an FFL just to airbrush them and resell. Lol

IMG_4921.JPG.af6fcd2cb5cd71affe640e325103b59d.JPGIMG_4924.JPG.f0b69d6240e8ba3d2fc23fb78908ab5b.JPGIMG_4927.JPG.4299639443fdea0ef8b889baf2ddcecc.JPG

I like these!
I like the hard chrome more for its looks, however, the black cerakote stock II are growing on me.

:)

Can someone tell me if a .40 barrel will fit in the slide of a 9mm Stock II, or does it need a new slide? You know, like in the Glock 22 you can put a barrel conversion, I am thinking that these stock II could be converted as well since we are using a bull barrel...

Off topic question...sorry

10 hours ago, Avenida said:

I like these!
I like the hard chrome more for its looks, however, the black cerakote stock II are growing on me.

:)

Can someone tell me if a .40 barrel will fit in the slide of a 9mm Stock II, or does it need a new slide? You know, like in the Glock 22 you can put a barrel conversion, I am thinking that these stock II could be converted as well since we are using a bull barrel...

Off topic question...sorry

The barrel will fit, but the slide smaller 9mm breech face may not work with the wider 40 brass.

6 hours ago, johnbu said:

The barrel will fit, but the slide smaller 9mm breech face may not work with the wider 40 brass.

Interesting, going to call tanfoglio later this week and see if i can transform one of my 9s to .40

Interesting, going to call tanfoglio later this week and see if i can transform one of my 9s to .40

I’ve got a 40 stock 2 if you are interested in swapping for a 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

My stock 2 recently rusted up pretty good. I put it in the safe in my basement after area 7 match and the next weekend i took it out and was surprised by a nice coating of rust all over. The hard chrome sounds good on paper but the quality of the chrome on my stock 2 is so poor it didn’t prevent rusting at all. 

22 minutes ago, Shmella said:

My stock 2 recently rusted up pretty good. I put it in the safe in my basement after area 7 match and the next weekend i took it out and was surprised by a nice coating of rust all over. The hard chrome sounds good on paper but the quality of the chrome on my stock 2 is so poor it didn’t prevent rusting at all. 

I have some robin’s egg blue cerakote left. Send it over. We’ll make that gun sexy.

? 

2 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

No FFL though... you’ll have to hand deliver it and wait for it to cure before you can drive home. ?

If you were closer.... that would be a deal!  

• 4 weeks later...