Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CK Arms 2011 grip safety issue

Bullett

58 minutes ago, theWacoKid said:

Now that I can see the pictures better I do see a large gap between the grip and frame.  That could be the issue since it will allow the mainspring housing to pull away from the bottom of the grip safety where it should retain it.  Grip to frame connection is always a heavy hitter for many problems.

Good thought...  Check to see if the top two grip screws are tight...  If they are loose...  Press up on the grip and tighten them.

Also wondering if the magwell pin area has been altered somehow...  maybe drilled out...  letting the MSH drop down...  causing the grip safety to pop out...  Just things to check out.

21 hours ago, NoSteel said:

What is your location??  I am sure that someone at your local club could take a quick look and guide you thru the best way to correct it.  It looks like the stock MSH is in place and not fit correctly.  Really,. An easy fix for someone who has experience with 2011's...  My guess,. A new MSH and your in business.  

Here are a couple pics of what a new MSH looks like in that area..

Oh,. And welcome to the forum!!!  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Good to know thank you. I’m just outside of Albany NY

I had the same issue with my new CK purchased at the tail end of 2015. I contacted Bobby and he said defective grip. Sent it back (they paid shipping, appropriate since it was a new gun bad from the factory) and they replaced the grip and returned it within a week. Havent had any issues with the grip or grip safety since.

So i ended up taking the main spring housing off and loosened the bolts holding the grip on. I set the magwell on my table and pushed down on the frame and then tightened those bolts. The gap between the frame and grip is much smaller now and the safety actually stays put in the back of the gun. I can still get it to pop out, but it's much harder to do so now. 

I reached out to STI about the grip being defective and they are saying this isn't the original MSH that came with the STI textured frame.  I'm going to order a new MSH, which will hopefully clear up this problem.

Thanks for everyone's input, it was a fun learning experience!