Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carver Open Gun

Hiroshi

Apex trigger is nice, but it's not going to be as nice as a 1911/2011 trigger. I have a ZEV kit in my Glock and it's a nice trigger, but it still has a lot of "squish" due to being a striker fired gun. I imagine the Apex is similar.

That may not be important to you however. If you like it, go for it.

How come you're looking at an M&P converted to an open gun? Budget?

Edited by sc68cal

17 hours ago, 36873687 said:

Ones I’ve seen are glock an they run an run well. I guess only deon side is u have to load short in glock or M&p mags

I can do 1.175 no problem. 

But it's a KKM barrel. 

On 4/30/2018 at 12:18 PM, 36873687 said:

Ones I’ve seen are glock an they run an run well. I guess only deon side is u have to load short in glock or M&p mags

But it's a KKM barrel. 

My flat face apex trigger 10 pull average is 1lb 12 oz .... I let 2 other m&p guys try it after the last match and they were in shock. One went as far as to say it breaks like glass. No mushyness just take up and tiny overtravel.

It will never be like my last 1911 race gun that broke at 14oz but for a Tupperware gun Great!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2018 at 9:23 PM, fxdc said:

But it's a KKM barrel. 

My flat face apex trigger 10 pull average is 1lb 12 oz .... I let 2 other m&p guys try it after the last match and they were in shock. One went as far as to say it breaks like glass. No mushyness just take up and tiny overtravel.

It will never be like my last 1911 race gun that broke at 14oz but for a Tupperware gun Great!

I used to shoot for Bobby. 1.175 will eventually cause you issues. I posted a vid of my rig, and adjustments I made years ago in YouTube. Look for it. Might help you out.

How would I find your video on there?

Can you give us a link pleaze.

Some times I can get a round fro. My press that goes long ... 1.180 and I found that WILL hang up the feeding from my M&P mags.

I've since dropped a OAL to 1 170 

And I do see the longest is 1.175 max.

99% are 1.170 to  1.173 

124gr jhp PD

8.5 grs VV 3n38

173 PF

KKM barrel 5 inch no holes

11 port SJC comp