Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Pouches

Winny

I've been reading and searching the forum for ideas on a single stack set up.  I've been running matches with my duty gear using a safariland bullets out pouch but want to get a dedicated comp set up. I like the cost and features of the Ghost 360 mag pouches.  My question, as simple as it is, are they made for single stack or can they be converted to single stack?

Thanks!

B. 

I started with some random blackhawk pouches that I picked up somewhere,  but never liked them, as they didn't hold position on the belt very well, and tension wasn't adjustable.  You just got what you got.  When I finally decided to buy some decent gear, I went with DAA (Double Alpha Academy.)  I got their belt, and the dedicated single stack Racer pouches.  Talk about a revelation.  I'd highly recommend them.  I can't speak to the Ghost setup, as I've never played with one.

x2 on the DAA racers, they are just superb. I use the double stack ones with the single stack spacers for my 1911 mags. The fit and function is perfect, and if I decide to buy a 2011, I can just pull the spacer out and use the same carriers.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

07e50c07e1b32c4e8b4af46807948b33.jpg

The ghost can be ran as single stack, Ben Stoeger Pro shop sells a "shim" for a lack of a better term. I bought a few but have not ran them yet, looks to me the shim will hold the mag roughly centered in the pouch.

CR Speed mag pouches also have a single stack mag adapter that you can buy separately that works really well. I started out with the CR Speed mag pouches before DAA made the single stack racer mag pouches.

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Winny said:

Appreciate the replies gentleman.  I ordered the DAA Racers, just waiting on them to get here.

Good choice.  I run 4 standard w/spacers and a 5th Single Stack DAA Racer on the back.  Never had any issues. They stay put 'til I need them and draw like butter.

• 4 weeks later...