Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Ammo Prices

xtian999

Hoping to get a list going here of good ammo prices. Post your recent purchases with brand, caliber, ammo details, size of order, price,shipping charges, etc. Come back and add details on how they worked for you.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can load 1k 9mm 115gr Bayous for about 90 bucks. And that includes if I paid myself what I make a hour at my day job. 

Hard to beat IMHO. 

American Eagle/Federal will probably have a Rebate this month or next on their ammo that could help get a deal. 

That is cheap! Unfortunately, some of us do not have a reloader setup (yet) and need to buy retail. I have a class coming up that only allows factory ammo. But $.09 is about half of what I am finding in new brass fmj 9mm.

Ordered 4 x 350 rds 9mm Remington UMC delivered for $ 259.76 from Academy online. Thats 18.5 cents per. Should have ordered more.

Edited by xtian999
math

2 hours ago, xtian999 said:

Ordered 4 x 350 rds 9mm Remington UMC delivered for $ 259.76 from Academy online. Thats 18.5 cents per. Should have ordered more.

Be sure to chrono the UMC stuff. It has been seen to go sub-minor.

I’ve always used sgammo or targetsportsusa. I’ve purchased 8000 rounds of magtech 115gr 9A. I’ve shot it in plenty of matches using my Glock 34 and it sits right about 130 PF. I have had zero FTF or FTE malfunctions in 8k. And the most I’ve paid is 189.00 for 1000 rds. Cheapest was 160.00. And the brass is reloadable as well. 

19 hours ago, xtian999 said:

Just showed up on my doorstep today. Will post results later.

Save your brass and sell it to me :)

In hindsight I realize my post was not helpful, apologies. 

Gunbot, ammoseek are both good websites to kind of get a base line. Look for Manufacture rebates from Federal, Magtech Etc. See if any local loaders or ranges want to buy your brass back (helps the bottom line). 

Since shipping will sometimes eat your money, Sometimes ranges have a remanufactured ammo supplier stocking their shelves for the range ammo. Trace that company back to the source and see if they'll load you whatever you want 124/147 and buy a few thousand. A local guy here does blazer 124gr cases. IF the class is outside can shoot steel Wolf stuff for cheap. 

11 hours ago, Dutchman195 said:

Save your brass and sell it to me :)

In hindsight I realize my post was not helpful, apologies. 

Gunbot, ammoseek are both good websites to kind of get a base line. Look for Manufacture rebates from Federal, Magtech Etc. See if any local loaders or ranges want to buy your brass back (helps the bottom line). 

Since shipping will sometimes eat your money, Sometimes ranges have a remanufactured ammo supplier stocking their shelves for the range ammo. Trace that company back to the source and see if they'll load you whatever you want 124/147 and buy a few thousand. A local guy here does blazer 124gr cases. IF the class is outside can shoot steel Wolf stuff for cheap. 

SGAmmo is my go to when I don't have time to reload. The prices and shipping were fair, even during the 2013 panic. 

As long as you brought it up, how much initial investment? I shoot 9mm, 45 acp, 223, 300 blk, and 308 mostly, with a little 30-06. Also  some 12 ga and lots of 22lr. 

On 5/14/2018 at 9:47 PM, xtian999 said:

As long as you brought it up, how much initial investment? I shoot 9mm, 45 acp, 223, 300 blk, and 308 mostly, with a little 30-06. Also  some 12 ga and lots of 22lr. 

Ok, so not so little investment, minimum 830.

I use a Dillon 650 w/case feeder.

Setup for .45 ACP,

Dillon 650 - 590.

Case feeder - 240.

Each additional caliber conversion:

Dies - 70

Toolhead - 32

Stand - 23