Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi 2018

Service Desk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shambles, administrative snafu, balls-up, cluster #%!* and KY like..... All terms that fit.

The Squadding changed 3 times in 3 days !  I am sure that others will recant the difficulties and frustrations of the week. Please fill out the NRA survey and make your feelings known.

Thank the heavens for the volunteers and GV, without them the event would not have been possible. Pat Cooper is a treasure.

They even screwed up the awards.

Adam S won the Cup

They also gave him the cup for the Open winner  According to the rules by winning the Cup he was not eligable to win the Open. that should have gone to Mark Blake, then Doug K then on down.

It was printed in the Program book on page 36 first paragraph

and in the Rule book Appendix B 6 (a) (1)

1 hour ago, ffl said:

They even screwed up the awards.

Adam S won the Cup

They also gave him the cup for the Open winner  According to the rules by winning the Cup he was not eligable to win the Open. that should have gone to Mark Blake, then Doug K then on down.

It was printed in the Program book on page 36 first paragraph

and in the Rule book Appendix B 6 (a) (1)

Wait. You expect the same people who cant even print the rulebook correctly to interpret it correctly as well? This is comical.

The rule book was screwed up by the printers not the NRA.  They sent a pdf and in the layout, printing, collating and binding was screwed up.  This is the first time that they are printing rule books with 2 disciplines back to back instead of one book for each discipline.

dcs

On 5/31/2018 at 12:04 AM, Csbassplayer2003 said:

Correct ,1906. Was previously unclassified too. Pretty amazing.

Congratulations to Roman. Obviously a brilliant shooter. I do wonder though how he was put in unclassified when he shot at the NRA sanctioned previous World Champs in Whangarei? I guess grades are only valid if shot in USA?

NRA is absolutely the worst on getting classifications updated. Sydney has been shooting Master scores for awhile but us still listed as Expert.

As former Chairman of ICORE i know how classifications are handled and the importance of keeping current. Classifications are easy to calculate and the scores input can be done online.  NRA is so far behind the times it is scary.

Edited by ffl

1 hour ago, ffl said:

NRA is absolutely the worst on getting classifications updated. Sydney has been shooting Master scores for awhile but us still listed as Expert.

As former Chairman of ICORE i know how classifications are handled and the importance of keeping current. Classifications are easy to calculate and the scores input can be done online.  NRA is so far behind the times it is scary.

Yeah, plenty of others who are mis-classified. And this year was the first year they had scores posted online while the rest of the shooting universe has been using Practiscore, etc... for years.

practiscore to my knowledge does not have a true Bianchi scoring system.  I may be wrong.  I have written a scoring program for use on line with real time score display.  I am in the process of prettying it up.

david

practiscore to my knowledge does not have a true Bianchi scoring system.  I may be wrong.  I have written a scoring program for use on line with real time score display.  I am in the process of prettying it up.

david

Check with Andy Rayland in Cheyenne. He uses it for all his AP matches, including the Regional and State matches.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ffl said:

practiscore to my knowledge does not have a true Bianchi scoring system...

Not sure what "true Bianchi scoring system" is, but PractiScore had NRA Action in the iOS app for a few years and Android has it for about a year now.

Bianchi scoring is points and X count.  I have seen some scoring systems not take the x count correctly.  I know that Practiscore had the mover scoring at the Trijicon Match but I never used it.  I will email ken and ask about that.

dcs

thanks for the info

I missed Andy at the Cup.  He had an issue at the Aggregrate match and then went home. I will talk to him.

So the survey...

500 characters available to comment on "would you be interested in a Pro Tip clinic"

500 characters available to comment on "would you consider volunteering as match staff in exchange for free entry etc"

50 characters for...

15. What specifically could you recommend we do to improve the event?

17. Open comment area.

Change your management!!!
Seriously 50 characters!

for an example of 50 characters, see above

Somehow I got the feeling  that they have learned nothing and really want to learn even less.

My  .02c   ......Give the match to GV and make the NRA a naming rights sponsor, that way the name is retained, the admin and marketing is with the organisers and NRA can shed  what it no longer needs in terms of resources and costs. Sponsors may be happier to deal with GV than no-body.

I use Practiscore for my club matches here in Cheyenne.  Originally it was only for Apple iOS system but now has been updated for Android.  For club matches I have a "master" device (I-Pad) where I input all the shooter information--then I assign squads (usually three).   Then I synch up the other squad tablets to the master.  Then I give each squad an I-Pad (or other device with iOS such as I-Pad Mini or I-Phone) with their squad information in which they use to input scores at each event.  When all shooting is complete I collect the squad devices and synch up their scores with the master.  After that I post the results on Practiscore website so all the competitors can access it.  

The app comes loaded with an AP-1 target and the Falling Plates.  I have input other targets used for my matches such as B37 for International Rapid Fire and the B18 target used for Combat.   

At this time I don't use Practiscore for the Steamboat Challenge Regional and WY State Match.  I use the same scoring program currently used at Crawfish and Flagler Regional matches.  Reason why is Practiscore currently doesn't report the Non-Distinguished results or the required NRA report which has the NRA SR45 competitor info card information on it.   Also, I can't get Practiscore to break down the results by Classification.   

Practiscore will track X count and display total # of X's for the match.  To see an X-Count for an individual event you have to bring up results for the event.  It will also report results by Special Category.  

All in all Practiscore is a good program for NRA Action Pistol.  I like using it (and I'm not a digital 'native" -- I'm more of a digital "immigrant") and the competitors like it as well.  Hopefully the Practiscore programmers will refine and enhance the program so it can be effectively used for Regional and State matches.  

Jaggernaut, by all means email items that need to be changed/improved in PractiScore to better support your events at support@practiscore.com

More details is better and even better if you could make separate itemized lists for both ios and android.