Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

On 6/5/2018 at 3:10 AM, CPL said:

So the survey...

500 characters available to comment on "would you be interested in a Pro Tip clinic"

500 characters available to comment on "would you consider volunteering as match staff in exchange for free entry etc"

50 characters for...

15. What specifically could you recommend we do to improve the event?

17. Open comment area.

Change your management!!!
Seriously 50 characters!

for an example of 50 characters, see above

On 6/5/2018 at 10:09 AM, DWFAN said:

don't forget.. "Will you commit to bringing a new shooter to 2018 Bianchi"..

All they did was ignore the last survey we responded to, then asked the same crap again.

On 6/6/2018 at 8:21 AM, Service Desk said:

Somehow I got the feeling  that they have learned nothing and really want to learn even less.

My  .02c   ......Give the match to GV and make the NRA a naming rights sponsor, that way the name is retained, the admin and marketing is with the organisers and NRA can shed  what it no longer needs in terms of resources and costs. Sponsors may be happier to deal with GV than no-body.

Sad, just ... sad.

On 6/5/2018 at 2:10 AM, CPL said:

500 characters available to comment on "would you consider volunteering as match staff in exchange for free entry etc"

I have it on good authority that Karie refused to allow match staff to shoot this year. So what is with this question?!?

On 6/9/2018 at 10:22 AM, thock said:

Karie refused to allow match staff to shoot this year

This is absolutely true. A guy that shot on my relay told me he had volunteered to work but was told he could "either shoot or work, not both". 

Somehow I got the feeling  that they have learned nothing and really want to learn even less.
My  .02c   ......Give the match to GV and make the NRA a naming rights sponsor, that way the name is retained, the admin and marketing is with the organisers and NRA can shed  what it no longer needs in terms of resources and costs. Sponsors may be happier to deal with GV than no-body.

Safariland own the Bianchi name, let them give the match to GV and the NRA can eat a bag of dicks.

Ryan is dead on here.

The NRA does not own the right to the name Bianchi Cup, that name resides with Safariland however the Action Pistol National Championship does belong to the NRA, which is fine and dandy.

A match can be run just not with National Championship in its title unless the NRA give it their say so. Seeing as they now use this match as a cash cow for other National Champs (which lose money like a government), prizes/gifts and cash are redirected. What they don't get is that Firearms companies are not awash with cash to hand over to run these events, what they do however have is product, which when given to a particular match should go to the Competitors or Volunteer Staff AT THE PRIZE GIVING, not some shady back room deal that we, the competitors (as in paying entries), only find out about after it is posted on face book.

The money given should go to the match, so we don't run out of food at the BBQ, so we don't have to buy deserts at the Banquet, so that the match can be run properly with correct staff numbers on all days. I really could go on.

With all the s#!t that I am flinging at the "NRA" over this cock up, it is important that we stand up to those cocks and keep shooting AP. The worst thing they want is for us to make the rest of AP, (Regionals, State Champs) and all the extra shoots that are hosted (Cameron Cup comes to mind) run by individual clubs with no help from Bullshit Castle in Virginia a screaming success, this will show that they are irrelevant to us as a shooting sport organisation. These matches  that have seen increasing numbers when all around us there is chaos.    

The NRA needs to stick to its knitting and what it is best at, keep our rights secure. Let us run the matches. 

I really think the NRA wants out of the competitions.  As a Representative of Zero Ammunition, Inc., Zero Bullet Company, Inc. and Roze Distribution, Inc., we had visited last year with the Marketing Group(Woody) of the NRA assured me that our cash awards would be presented as part of our agreement to be a sponsor last year.  Well guess what, 2nd and 3rd Junior was not presented, plaque or cash.  I sent Kerrie an email and received an email back that unless there were 6 competitors in a group the awards would not be presented this was told to her by Aaron Farmer Deputy Directer of the Competitive Shooting Division.  She forwarded the email to him and he sent me an apology and guaranteed me that they plaques and money would be sent to those competitors. He didn't realize we had this agreement with the Marketing Group.  I told them if they were not presented to send me a refund.  What were they going to do with my sponsor money?  I told them this is exactly why they are loosing Sponsors!!!!

This is the problem when the NRA changes staff mid stream, no communications!  If they chose Kerrie over Beth that is their decision,  but they should had let Beth run it this year and Kerrie watch to see how it is done. 

Edited by kimmbeckwith

19 minutes ago, kimmbeckwith said:

I really think the NRA wants out of the competitions.  As a Representative of Zero Ammunition, Inc., Zero Bullet Company, Inc. and Roze Distribution, Inc., we had visited last year with the Marketing Group(Woody) of the NRA assured me that our cash awards would be presented as part of our agreement to be a sponsor last year.  Well guess what, 2nd and 3rd Junior was not presented, plaque or cash.  I sent Kerrie an email and received an email back that unless there were 6 competitors in a group the awards would not be presented this was told to her by Aaron Farmer Deputy Directer of the Competitive Shooting Division.  She forwarded the email to him and he sent me an apology and guaranteed me that they plaques and money would be sent to those competitors. He didn't realize we had this agreement with the Marketing Group.  I told them if they were not presented to send me a refund.  What were they going to do with my sponsor money?  I told them this is exactly why they are loosing Sponsors!!!!

This is the problem when the NRA changes staff mid stream, no communications!  If they chose Kerrie over Beth that is their decision,  but they should had let Beth run it this year and Kerrie watch to see how it is done. 

That was one thing that the NRA would never come clean on. Sponsors pledge support well ahead of the actual event, and before the turnout is known. This “well we didnt get XYZ number” is pure BS. That sponsorship support is going to already be there. This is just more evidence of mis-management. I appreciate the insight.

BTW thank you for supporting AP, Zero. You guys always show a lot of love even for the small events and make a quality product.

On 6/16/2018 at 2:50 AM, kimmbeckwith said:

I really think the NRA wants out of the competitions. 

Sir, I believe that you have encapsulated the very essence of the problem.

That is certainly what it feels like. But in that same token, why scuttle the ship and destroy a great event if that is your goal? Why not just come clean and hand it off?

56 minutes ago, Csbassplayer2003 said:

That is certainly what it feels like. But in that same token, why scuttle the ship and destroy a great event if that is your goal? Why not just come clean and hand it off?

+1

I think they are just milking the cash cow till it dies of dehydration.