Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi 2018

Service Desk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, wanderer said:

no, but random question, 2014 bc/wapc was the 35th, how is this the 40th only 4 years later?

Good question....the 40th year of the Bianchi Cup.

Now that we have the math worked out......are you going ?

Edited by Service Desk
Cause I can.

Good afternoon All.

I wish you all a safe time at all the matches coming up in the next few weeks.

MI, WAP, Bianchi Cup, Flagler.

I hope the weather is good for all the matches, and fun will be had by all of you.

It should be a great time, and some great shooting will be done.

This will be the first time i have missed the matches in MI, in 10 years of going, and to Marty and the range crews, i would like to thank you all for doing the matches for us.

Be safe, shoot well, and most of all enjoy all the people you only see once in a while.

J. Russell Bryan

Canadian AP sort of shooter.

It's a hard pill to swallow, big expense, low payout, the NRA continues to disregard the NRA Action Pistol Competitor, the ship is now steered by another new, non-experienced manager with little or no control over how the sport can grow.

When the control to continue the growth & success was taken from the NRA Pistol Department, the Bianchi Cup & the Sport has decreased & will continue to do so.

Major sponsors have left & will not return unless it's beneficial to them.

With all that said, travel safely, shoot straight, maybe we will cross paths again some day.

Tom...

On 5/21/2018 at 8:54 PM, 1911onr said:

Please just go away.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

A much better idea would be to have him come back, run the match and double the numbers again.

1 hour ago, toothguy said:

A much better idea would be to have him come back, run the match and double the numbers again.

Thank you sir, I am happy to hear someone appreciated the efforts, as you can tell above there are some competitors that had and still have a personal agenda.  They are not concerned about the sport or the growth of it, just awards and titles that are watered down with the lack of competition.  I was extremely proud to see the involvement and growth of NRA Action Pistol in the Kansas City area.  Northern Virginia (Burke), not so much, Fairfax Rod & Gun is almost in the NRA's backyard, no NRA AP matches, even when the NRA ran NRA AP matches at the NRA Range, the attendance was minimal and could not justify the time & effort.  God speed to all of you, I miss the camaraderie but not the petty BS.

Edited by FMRNRAPistolManager

To keep on top of the current standings, go to: gvshoot.com and click on the link.  After the first day and 2 events so far, Doug is in 2nd place behind Michael Gasser (USAMU) by 3 X's!  Go ARMY!

Tom,

You should know that many, many of us appreciated your efforts to bolster NRA Action Pistol and build the Bianchi Cup to what it was until you parted company with the NRA.  All of us want to improve as competitive shooters, but as it stands now, there's very little reason for the "little guy" to attend, which is clearly reflected in the entry numbers.  Thanks for what you did in the past to improve the sport.

Congrats to all who participated in BC 2018. I have shot competitively for decades. There is no match/tournament quite like the Bianchi Cup. Those who excel there are truly champions.  I shot BC for many years, but haven't been in recent years, and likely will not return.

I feel someone must bring this forward, so it may as well be me. Previous  Winners are featured on a quite impressive "banner flag" with their name, picture, what category they won, the year and I think their score. Last year, 80 year old John Sander's won Grand Senior with a score of 1908. John is a three time winner of the Grand Senior Category. He missed 2017, as he was in the hospital recovering from ByPass surgery. He had previously received in lieu of a Cup like the others receive, two Eagles, and finally a "Cup" last year in 2017. He did not go this year. There was "no banner flag" made for John Sanders. They had a year to do this, there is NO acceptable excuse for this failure on the part of NRA Competitions.

Disappointed NRA Benefactor Member

Edited by Allgoodhits

For me the biggest issue was the scheduling. The morning shoot with side matches isn't a very good scheduling, IMO. Also some were told that they should show up 15 minutes before the hour they are scheduled to shoot while others were told to show up based on their relays (ie relay 1 starts on the hour, relay 2 15 minutes past, etc).

Of course the international shooters being surprised that they have to pay for their goodie bags with a payment after the awards ceremony was a bad thing, they should've done it immediately after they got the bags so they can decide if they wanted that stuff or not.

I started out with a lot of hope for this year. Beth Martin got handed a rocky situation last year on short notice and managed to do right by the shooters under the circumstances.

This year there was zero excuse for everything that went down, foremost being the utter lack of receptiveness to feedback and borderline contempt for the event at all levels by “certain” NRA staff (all of the shooters know exactly who i am referring to, and its not Beth). I dont use the word contempt lightly, but there is almost no other way to describe it. I am not a tinfoil hat person, but this year is pushing me in that direction. The friends ive made and range staff are what makes this event worth showing up for, but unfortunately that seems to be the only thing right anymore. Everything else continues to go in the wrong direction. Ill let others chime in, but the inability to listen is what worries me the most. At this rate, many of the regionals are better run events, cost less and are more enjoyable.

Edited by Csbassplayer2003

Yep, this year was a complete cluster #$&*. Time for something drastic to happen in regards to the NRA and Bianchi Cup. I have so many great quotes from Karie there’s almost to many to list.  She is oblivious to the history of the match and  hold us in comtempt as being “special”.  It’s just another USPSA match to her. I can’t wait to get the survey...