Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 21 round mags for P320

Silverscooby27

I have a Sig P320RX that I was Considering using for carry optics. I was looking at basepads and noted that Sig already makes a 21 rd magazine ready to go. That seems to be the easiest route for me. Does anyone know if the mag is legal for carry optic (140mm) and does it work OK with a standard full size P320RX?

I don't have a 140mm guage but I was under the impression that the stock 21 rounders with the stock base pads are a hair too long to fit. You either need aftermarket pads or grind down the stock ones a tad bit.

18 hours ago, ddc said:

I don't have a 140mm guage but I was under the impression that the stock 21 rounders with the stock base pads are a hair too long to fit. You either need aftermarket pads or grind down the stock ones a tad bit.

17 hours ago, z40acp said:

That is what I hear also. The plastic is a little too thick and needs the back end sanded on an angle.

About a30 degree angle off the last 3/16 of an inch. Then they fit

I'm curious why the factory X5 mags only hold 21 rounds.

A 17 round factory 320 mag with an aftermarket kit will hold 22 . (apparently a possible 23?)

Probably not a big deal on a 32 round COF but something to consider if you have a  24 round COF which seems to be a number I've seen more than once.

Also I'm curious: M&P mags with a TTI basepad hold 23 rounds (I can confirm) . 320 mags with a TTI base pad hold 22 (Only my understanding from their website)

The M&P mags and the 320 mags are very close dimensionally... where did that 23rd round go?

Edited by ddc

2 hours ago, JAFO said:

The differences could be in the design of the follower.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Also:

I just discovered that the TTI +5/+6 basepads I bought for my M&P mags also fit the 320 mags.

But they only allow 22 rounds. That is with stock 320 spring and follower.

ddc, the Sig 17 round mags will hold 23 rounds with the Springer Precision EZ 140mm base pads AND the Grams Engineering spring and follower kit. Try adding the Grams kit to your mags with the TTI base pads, that should add another round to the capacity.

The factory 21 round mags will hold 23 rounds using the Springer Precision base pads (the ones meant for the 21 round magazine tubes) and Grams internals as well. Once you have a magazine and base plate combination that equals 140mm in length, and use Grams internals, both the 17 and 21 round magazines end up holding 23 rounds

Edited by Rudukai13

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, Rudukai13 said:

ddc, the Sig 17 round mags will hold 23 rounds with the Springer Precision EZ 140mm base pads AND the Grams Engineering spring and follower kit. Try adding the Grams kit to your mags with the TTI base pads, that should add another round to the capacity.

The factory 21 round mags will hold 23 rounds using the Springer Precision base pads (the ones meant for the 21 round magazine tubes) and Grams internals as well. Once you have a magazine and base plate combination that equals 140mm in length, and use Grams internals, both the 17 and 21 round magazines end up holding 23 rounds

Hey, good to know! Thanks for the info.

Happy to help. If you're interested in an extended "happy stick" mag that I think will fit the 170mm gauge, use the OEM 21 round magazine tube, add the Springer Precision extended base plate meant for the 17 rounders, and use the Grams 13-coil spring and follower kit. Should give you about 27 rounds reloadable. Check out my Project Nemesis thread for pics