Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rts2 or dpp

AngeloConde

Honestly, if your having success with the slideride I'd stick with that.  I sent in my Rts2 last year for stuck adjustments and am about to send in my dpp because the dot has become really starry and is lacking the brightness that it used to have.  I can see the dot flickering on the higher settings trying to get bright but not.  

Ideally I'd like the slideride brightness adjustment, on a dpp design with the dot crispness of the rts2 and dpp battery life, but that doesn't exist.  

Edited by chenault

1 hour ago, chenault said:

Honestly, if your having success with the slideride I'd stick with that.  I sent in my Rts2 last year for stuck adjustments and am about to send in my dpp because the dot has become really starry and is lacking the brightness that it used to have.  I can see the dot flickering on the higher settings trying to get bright but not.  

Ideally I'd like the slideride brightness adjustment, on a dpp design with the dot crispness of the rts2 and dpp battery life, but that doesn't exist.  

I am doing pretty well with the slide ride currently have it mounted on a 90 and it's working pretty well for me. Just the bulkyness of the setup in one area is becoming a pain lol

The RTS2v4 has a larger glass than the DPP.  All three of my RTS4s eat batteries.  I put a new one in before each match and turn it down when finished with the stage.  The dot is dimming by the 8th stage.   I have three DPP 2.5s.  One is getting sent back because the acceleromoter circuit broke and the dot doesn't turn back on when the gun is moved.  The other two work fine.  The dot on the DPP is brighter, so I use them for Steel Challenge guns.  I'm building two new guns not.  They will wear DPPs when finished.  BTW, batteries last seemingly forever in the DPP.  I just changed my first one last week.

My three RTS2 work great and don't seem to eat batteries.  The first and older one I bought a few years ago went back, but the newer ones thus far are spot on with no issues.  I do turn off the dot between stages.

• 1 month later...
So I have a cmore slideride on my cz czechmate and I want to shed some weight of which optic would you guys run and why? 

I have been using the RTS2v4 8moa for a few months now on the same battery with no issues. Based on this I would recommend the RTS2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

After reading all the posts on this topic and talking with local shooters I'd say it's completely the luck of the draw on both RTS2 8moa and DPP 7.5moa. Some people have very good luck with one, bad luck with the other and vice versa. I've got both and think I prefer the DPP's triangle.

• 3 weeks later...

I love  the dpp but it’s reliabilty has been questionable. I do shoot a lot though maybe 3-4K rounds a month depending on available time. Recently swapped a rts 2 from my backup to my main gun. Haven’t bailed on the DPP yet just going to give the rts2 a whirl. Anyone have lengthy experience with the Romeo 3

Edited by Knguyen1904