Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

POF edge gen4 olde school DI P308

herodrh

I just purchased my 1st AR-10 type rifle: a POF olde school DI P308. It's one of the last produced in 2017 utilizing the mission first furniture and the edge forend with slimmer barrel nut and grip circumference. I know all the hype currently going around is about the POF Revolution rifles which have been well reviewed and National Rifleman 2018 Rifle of the Year winner but I wanted a DI gun. I was on the POF site opining just this sentiment when a couple of days later I was sent a link by Will Milazzo of POF sending me to one of their biggest dealers who were blowing out the olde school and other edge gen4 piston models. The price was so good that being only a couple hundred more than an S&W M&P 10, I couldn't resist. This particular rifle has the 16.5 in. fluted barrel and NP3 finish on upper and lower receiver. I'm going to get it out to the range for some break in time and getting acquainted time. I'm already planning to replace the 4.5lb drop in trigger with a geissele SSA-E and I want to put an ARFX fixed stock in the rear. It looks and feels awesome though and I am stoked at this point. I will share feedback if anyone is interested in range report and so forth.