Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistol Mag Pouches/Shotshell Caddies?

Looking into getting some shotshell caddies and pistol mag pouches soon, trying to see what everyone likes... I've been looking at the safariland 086 and 771 with els forks a lot and want to know what your opinion is on them versus others and if not those which would you choose?

Also looking for recommendations on a retention holster for 3gun for a cz shadow 2, just running my USPSA bladetech holster at the moment just cranked down tight.

Personally, I've settled on using Ghost 360 pouches for pistol mags. Good retention, almost universal, and fairly inexpensive. They're not compatible with ELS forks out of the box, but you can order an adapter from Shapeways. If you go that route, you can sometimes even buy the pouch only (no belt mounting attachments) from places like Shooter's Connection or the Ben Stoeger Pro Shop for substantially less than the whole pouch normally goes for. But I've never seen anyone have any complaints about the Safariland pouches.

Same deal for shotshell caddies. I've used Taccom and Invictus Practical models - between the two, I prefer the IP, but both work fine. Again, you wouldn't go wrong with the Safariland models, either.

I ran an OG Shadow in 3 gun until recently, and retention holsters are difficult to find. The "universal" Safariland model 578 with the GLS system actually works pretty well, and it's what I used most of the time. If you want something made specifically for the gun, there are a couple of custom holster makers who make models with a Blade Tech WRS hood. I have personal experience with KT Mech (good prices, not sure if the SP01 model would fit the Shadow 2 without a bit of reshaping around the trigger guard) and Red Hill Tactical (a little more spendy, but they do make a model specifically for the Shadow 2). No complaints with either of them in terms of quality or service. There probably some other options out there, but like I said, that's what I have personal experience with.

I'm in the market for shell caddies too. I really want the Taccom 8up I believe it's called, but they are no where to be found and Taccom hasn't responded to my messages, wondering if they weren't under? 

I'll probably get the cheaper sport Taccom version, I like a little gap between my quads for my big hands

I’ve had the invictus since I started quad loading with Els clips and I don’t see changing anytime soon.  The shells stay in the clips when running and yet are easy to pull when I need them. 

• 2 months later...
On 5/2/2018 at 10:17 AM, Steve133 said:

The "universal" Safariland model 578 with the GLS system actually works pretty well

Agreed with this.  And as bonus it can be used for other model guns later if needed.

Taccom for shell caddies

I love my 773 s as far as caddies that depends on what your are looking for speed or retention for speed it is hard to beat Invictus for retention I personally love Carbon Arms and use both I have found the more 3 Gun I shoot the more gear I need unfortunately I have not found 1 caddy that does it all 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...