Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Magwell from Titan Rocket......

I just got in a new Titan Rocket Industries 3D printed magwell for my PCC. It looks very good.

Color is matte black. Finish on the outside is smooth and even, but the interior (where the magazine is inserted) may need a small amount of fine sanding. A little rough, but easily fixed if a person wanted to go to the trouble. Unlike the Taccom mag well, which is somewhat pliable, this one is considerably more rigid. Probably the reason for the two set screws located at the rear.

I have yet to install it. We have a match scheduled for Saturday, and now is no time for untried parts. I'll give it a go come Monday.

Oh, yeah. There is a cool factor involved. My name is emblazoned on the side. ?

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

IMG_0862.JPG

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got in a new Titan Rocket Industries 3D printed magwell for my PCC. It looks very good.
Color is matte black. Finish on the outside is smooth and even, but the interior (where the magazine is inserted) may need a small amount of fine sanding. A little rough, but easily fixed if a person wanted to go to the trouble. Unlike the Taccom mag well, which is somewhat pliable, this one is considerably more rigid. Probably the reason for the two set screws located at the rear.
I have yet to install it. We have a match scheduled for Saturday, and now is no time for untried parts. I'll give it a go come Monday.

Oh, yeah. There is a cool factor involved. My name is emblazoned on the side. [emoji1]

IMG_0860.JPG.2c515e45011c2aa2e3f2bd4581c1a4c6.JPG
IMG_0861.JPG.c742ef7d288ec8c9e446a27f112c48f8.JPG
IMG_0862.JPG.1a987e3f2795724b889b12ca48352255.JPG
What brand lower will you be using it on?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MikieM said:

What a total chicken ... slap that damn thing on and do 5 practice reloads. If they slide in cleanly and drop free,  you are good to go.   If not, break out the Dremel and try it again.   

This is not a new trigger group and you are not competing for a Cadillac.  

27 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

My experience agrees with you.   Test things at the practice range.  Stick with the tried and true on match day.

Flats, I'm in a jam. I took L9's advice and went out in the back yard with the new magwell installed and fired off a few rounds. 

The magwell worked fine but the cops arrested me and charged me with discharging a firearm inside the city limits.

My new cellmate is Bruno and I don't like the look in his one good eye.  ?

Just kidding! I'm trying out the new emojis. Or whatever the hell you call them.

I'll put it on the gun Sunday.

52 minutes ago, L9X25 said:

What a total chicken ... slap that damn thing on and do 5 practice reloads. If they slide in cleanly and drop free,  you are good to go.   If not, break out the Dremel and try it again.   

This is not a new trigger group and you are not competing for a Cadillac.  

There's no way in hell I'm going to take a Dremel to the bottom of my QC10 lower.  ?

25 minutes ago, MikieM said:

There's no way in hell I'm going to take a Dremel to the bottom of my QC10 lower.  ?

Remember, you always modify (grind on) the cheap part.  Unless you paid more for that magwell than I expect, you would grind on the magwell, not the QC10 lower silly.?

2 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Put it on there and use it. I am going to use a new upper at the match this weekend. Just adds more excitement to the match. Looks good by the way. Thanks, Eric

cool, I might stand a chance on beating you. LOL

9 hours ago, MikieM said:

Oh, yeah. There is a cool factor involved. My name is emblazoned on the side. ?

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

IMG_0862.JPG

Where did you get the magwell?  I couldn't find it using a web search...

9 hours ago, DFABOVE said:

Are both Colt and Glock pattern magwells available?

QC10 Colt models are available but not on the site yet. in the next few days we should have up  Qc10 Colt,  Forged AR-15, MP-1522 magwells and a shotgun mounted shot shell holder,  if you need one of those before we get them on the site just email us on the contact link on the website

2 hours ago, mahamoti said:

anyone know if a different pattern, like the QC10 Colt, would also fit a Black creek Precision Colt?

Each one is designed specifically for the model listed.  Some that are just rebranded under other names will work.  Looking at black creek it looks like they use a forged lower but it being a colt mag the hole would be in a different location than the PSA Glock magwell offered 

17 hours ago, outdoorjake said:

Each one is designed specifically for the model listed.  Some that are just rebranded under other names will work.  Looking at black creek it looks like they use a forged lower but it being a colt mag the hole would be in a different location than the PSA Glock magwell offered 

Yeah, I didn't really think it would work, just a shot in the dark.  The BCP magwell is flared decently well internally... I tried the Taccom Spike's Colt lower magwell, it fits the external dimensions, but the funnel is a poor match for the BCP's internal dimensions.

I'm not 3d printer guy, or I'd try to make one myself, since this particular lower seems not very prevalent... I don't expect an aftermarket for it.

I like it.

Fit-up is excellent, and it looks good. I stood beside the bed and did some reloads. Smooth as silk and uneventful. 

The bottom was a little fuzzy, but a couple of minutes with some 320 grit and it cleaned right up.

IMG_0863.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0866.JPG