Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New powder bar adjuster....

Received this unit today.  Installed both it and the UniqueTek.

Install is easier on the one from Titan.  However it does use the factory bolt.  

I'll test them both in the next couple of days and post the results.

The one advantage I can see is that the one from Titan is much larger and easier for older eyes to read.  

• 1 month later...

Ya know, I haven't played with them yet.  I've got one installed on my .45 ACP head and the other on my 10mm head.  Since I picked up my Ruger PCC all I've been loading is 9mm.  I need to  
load some .45 ACP soon as I'm getting low.

I picked up a new MP mold for 9mm so I'll need to load some of those hollow points before I change the press over.

I got one after reading this thread.

I've used it with my 9MM rig. The dial is easy to read and seems to smoothly increase/decrease the powder amount. I run three different loads for my 9MMs and adjusting the powder drops for each is much easier with this. I record the setting used with each load in my load book. Thus far I've used it for my HP-38 and BE-86 loads. I'll use it with my HS-6 load  in the next week or so.

I have found, naturally, that when I go from load to load I have to make minor adjustments to get back to the desired weight -- usually +/- 3 to 5 to accommodate for the changes of humidity in my basement.

MifflinKid, which one did you get the Titan or the UniqueTek?

If the Titan, can you answer the following questions for me? The pic shows two incremential rows - the main one that goes from 0 to 100 and the one above it that looks like it goes from 0 to 20. Is that upper one a rotation counter? Ex if you turn the main dial plus 200 the upper shows a 2?

Does the installation of the Titan require removing the powder bar from the hopper?

On 6/14/2018 at 2:46 PM, PhillySoldier said:

I have this one and use it frequently with ladder testing. The titan one looks like it may even be nicer, so i was waiting to see how it works for ya

https://usa-shop.armanov.com/product/clickable-dillon-precision-powder-thrower-adjustment-knob-assembly-50-clicks/

That's the one I use, also. Got it off ebay. It was the first mod I added to my 650, because I load a few different powders in 9mm, and wanted to be able to switch between them quickly. The Armanov works very well. The subject one looks like it might have finer adjustments, but I don't see how that would really be any more helpful, after seeing that the Armanov is very accurate.

Edited by jejb

I agree buddy. Im happy w my current one but since Im constantly doing ladder testing and a kinda mod/gadget geek, im always willing to try something that might be better. I have those sometimes w the armanov where its just a pain to get 5-10 straight test drops that match exactly on the scale to 0.1g. Example it will drop 4 perfect then one that is 0.1g more. I think the finer increments "might" help w that. 

MifflinKid, which one did you get the Titan or the UniqueTek?

I got the Titan Small Bar.

If the Titan, can you answer the following questions for me? The pic shows two incremential rows - the main one that goes from 0 to 100 and the one above it that looks like it goes from 0 to 20. Is that upper one a rotation counter? Ex if you turn the main dial plus 200 the upper shows a 2?

Yes, it is a rotation counter. Each full rotation of the dial (making 100 changes to the lower numbers) causes the upper number to increase or decrease by one depending on the direction you turn the dial. The result of this is that you can record your powder drops as, say, 3.83 with powder A gives you 4.6 grains or 5.71  with powder B gives you 8.4 grains.

Does the installation of the Titan require removing the powder bar from the hopper?

I think you would want to remove it to make it easier to get the back of the dial on the head of the powder adjustment bolt and place the washer and push upper 'yoke' in the assembly and down into the body of the powder bar. I had no problem taking the powder bar out of the powder measure body or putting it back in once the assembly was installed on the powder bar.

7 hours ago, MifflinKid said:

Yes, it is a rotation counter. Each full rotation of the dial (making 100 changes to the lower numbers) causes the upper number to increase or decrease by one depending on the direction you turn the dial. The result of this is that you can record your powder drops as, say, 3.83 with powder A gives you 4.6 grains or 5.71  with powder B gives you 8.4 grains.

That is a nice feature. With the Armanov, I ran the adjuster all the way closed when I installed it, and set the dial to zero at that spot. Then I counted the revolutions outward to set my first powder, and made note of it. So now I know that if I'm doing powder X for 4.0gr's, the dial is 2.33 out, as an example. So to go to powder Y at 3.19, I know I have to go by zero once to 19. If I ever get confused about where I'm at (which has not happened yet), I just have to run it all the way in and count revolutions back out. A very workable solution for me. 

Edited by jejb

Overall I have liked the Armanov dial but definitely some powder types seem easier to dial in than others. My testing procedures are to weigh five charges in a row that match down to 0.1g. Last night's reloading session frustrated me though and I spent the better part of half hour going up and down the same one click on the Armanov. Afterwards I ordered the Titan EasyDial. Hopefully that makes it a bit more precise to dial into that mid click section I was trying to get last night

Hopefully that makes it a bit more precise to dial into that mid click section I was trying to get last night

Please don't confuse the precision of the Titan EasyDial with improved repeatability. You are still using the Dillon powder measure to meter out the powders.

The great benefits of the Titan EasyDial are getting back to a known and recorded position of the powder bar quickly and the ease of doing so. You still must overcome the usual problems we have with many powders (uh, like Unique and 700-X) being inherently more variable in drop weights. As I mentioned in my original post, humidity in my basement will still affect the drop weights of powders -- the Titan EasyDial just helps me accommodate for those changes more quickly. At least with the HP-38 and BE-86 powders I have used.

Good luck with your Titan EasyDial. I hope you will like yours as much as I like mine.

Completely understand things like temperature changing your setting. Temp changed my settings to start - no problem. Trying to get it dialed in, problem. After dialing it in close; I needed to get it in between the one click that I couldnt w the Armanov. Going up one click was too much, going down too little. 

• 2 months later...

Getting back to this thread!

Having used both the Titan and the UniqueTek for the past couple of months and really wringing them out all I can really say is both work quite well and are very accurate and repeatable.  The large knob on the Titan is a real joy to work with.