Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forum issues

Sarge

Along with the forums still being pretty slow, I’m getting a few messages and wondering what’s up. When I log in I get a big red alert that says WEBSITE NOT SECURE! And

constantly displayed is:

The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

Along with the forums still being pretty slow, I’m getting a few messages and wondering what’s up. When I log in I get a big red alert that says WEBSITE NOT SECURE! And

constantly displayed is:

The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

Me too. Both on iPad with Safari and PC with Chrome.

I'll start a ticket on this. 

Before the last upgrade, does anyone remember seeing, in the url, an https:// in front of forurms.brianenos.com/xxx?  (It's not there for me now in Chrome.)

7 hours ago, Sarge said:

For that, that is more than likely normal after an upgrade. I'm pretty sure the search term indexes are rebuilt incrementally after an upgrade to avoid slowing down the forums in general.

From IP: "The search index message is shown because your search index has not yet completely been built. "

On the security issue, IP will be adding an SSL certificate to the forums. Which will eliminate that issue with some browsers.

• 2 weeks later...

for a couple of weeks I'm noticing a very slow response to searches, Particularly, the unread post search. This does not happen on any other site so I am leaning towards DB response time.

I've noticed that too. I'll put a ticket in on it. 

The workaround, on the above, is to open unread content links in a new tab, then just close the tab to return to the unread content.

Boy! I don't know if things are still being worked on but the load times are up to about 30+ seconds now. This is on PC Chrome iphone Safari on both in house wifi and on verizon LTE. ALL other sites functions etc are lightning fast. Almost unusable again. Everything from opening the forums, to new content, to clicking next page are all super slow.