Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas, Akai, or CK

TexasG

9 minutes ago, earthshine402 said:

I own a CK limited gun from 2014 that runs well.

I recently bought a CK single stack in 40 that I needed to buy a Dawson mag catch and use only Berry's RN to get it to feed 100%.

Bobby K will answer messages if you need help with a CK.

I bought an Atlas Titan last spring and ran it all season. It is by far my nicest firearm. Excellent fit and finish, smooth operation, great grip (PT Evo), and a killer trigger.

I personally know and have shot local matches in NH with Adam. He always responds to questions and is helpful in making sure your gear (even other guns) will run as reliable as possible.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've had two Infinity single stacks 40 and 45.  Both of which required mag tweaking to get to run 100%..  I think ramped barrels in SS pistols are the issue.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:26 AM, RangerTrace said:

I've had two Infinity single stacks 40 and 45.  Both of which required mag tweaking to get to run 100%..  I think ramped barrels in SS pistols are the issue.

I may be living under a rock because this is the first time I've heard this. I am genuinely curious about that observation care to elaborate.

2 hours ago, TexasG said:

I may be living under a rock because this is the first time I've heard this. I am genuinely curious about that observation care to elaborate.

Sure.  If I ran hollow point ammo in either of them, I had to use plus power mag springs (which cost me 1 round of capacity) to keep from having nose down failures to feed on the first 2-3 rounds of a full magazine.  I had the same issue with an STI Hextac in 9mm.   The only single stacks I've ever owned personally that didn't have this issue where a Wilson Combat and Springfield with the traditional non-ramped barrels.  Which reminds me, I had two WC 38 supers that had the same issue.  Drove me nuts.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:26 AM, Pfiddy said:

Hows the fit and finish? I’m considering a nemesis

I have a Nemesis in for a T&E. It's VERY SWEET! ... 1.5 pound trigger... groups under 2 inches (25 yard bench and old eyes) with any Major load, and 1.5-inch with Atlanta Arms Major & Minor. It's 95% reliable with the Minor... change to a 9 or 10 pound spring (comes with an 11) and you can run Minor in Steel Challenge with just a spring change. The POI difference between the Major loads and the AA Minor was less than 1.5-inches.

Fit and finish as what you'd expect to see on a $4750 gun - flawless!

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:18 AM, Pfiddy said:

I would really appreciate some detailed photos of your nemesis when it shows up. I’m giving a lot of thought to buying one. I own an SVI and it’s beautiful but hell, I may need a backup gun.

Did you see mine on the other thread? let me know what you're looking to see. It is a fantastic gun.

On 4/28/2018 at 8:18 AM, Pfiddy said:

I would really appreciate some detailed photos of your nemesis when it shows up. I’m giving a lot of thought to buying one. I own an SVI and it’s beautiful but hell, I may need a backup gun.

11 minutes ago, chowellacsbd said:

Hopefully my Atlas comes as tight as I think it will. As opposed to the CK thunder I ordered with thumb safeties jiggling around ????

It will....or they will make it right.

13 minutes ago, chowellacsbd said:

Hopefully my Atlas comes as tight as I think it will. As opposed to the CK thunder I ordered with thumb safeties jiggling around ????

The safety detents on my Titan are almost too tight. Almost. I’d rather have them too tight so I don’t accidentally bump them up with my support hand. I don’t see that happening. 

Adam mentioned something about offering varying weights of thumb safety's for those that want a light flip and those that want a harder feeling one.

Adams videos are really informative and it sounds like they really stand behind their products. Really excited

1 hour ago, chowellacsbd said:

Adam mentioned something about offering varying weights of thumb safety's for those that want a light flip and those that want a harder feeling one.

Adams videos are really informative and it sounds like they really stand behind their products. Really excited

Now that you mention it I do remember something like that from the videos. I don’t think it came up when we were talking about my order though. I’m definitely not complaining. 

19 hours ago, Moloch38 said:

Did you see mine on the other thread? let me know what you're looking to see. It is a fantastic gun.

I did after the gent below you posted the link. Damn nice pistol, I think Im going to have to order one. 

And thanks Furrly

17 hours ago, chowellacsbd said:

Yeah he did the higher weight in mine. I wasn't sure (since I've never bumped it off safe in a match), but I can definitely say there is almost no way you would now. I don't remember the exact weight, but it is still plenty easy to actuate. I definitely noticed it when switching from fire back to safe though, gotta beef up those weak thumbs!

2 hours ago, Moloch38 said:

Yeah he did the higher weight in mine. I wasn't sure (since I've never bumped it off safe in a match), but I can definitely say there is almost no way you would now. I don't remember the exact weight, but it is still plenty easy to actuate. I definitely noticed it when switching from fire back to safe though, gotta beef up those weak thumbs!

I should have clarified in my post. I do have the ‘stiffer’ safety detents but it is really easy to disengage the safety in order to fire. It is also really easy to create a blister/callus from re-engaging the safety during the many reps of dryfire. I wouldn’t change a thing.

I was going to start my journey in limited using a STI DVC limited and had one ordered. I started watching Adams Vidoes and called and canceled the Sti order and bought an Atlas. Adam answered all my questions before and during the build and even changed trigger and base pad colors a few weeks before it was suppose to ship without hesitation. Customer service is second to none. 

I’ve have since switched focus and only shoot production but the Atlas Titan is amazing. Fit and finish is flawless. The trigger is sub 2lbs with what feels like a non existent reset and overtravel. The PT evo grip makes the gun feel like it’s super glued to your hand. And I’ve only shot it in one match and a few practice sessions but in 1250 rounds I’ve had zero issues. Although it sits in the safe now I can’t say enough good things about Atlas. 

On 5/11/2018 at 7:53 PM, DB_Cooper said:

Akai slide feels like it's on ball bearing and the trigger is sweet, I know from first hand experience. Maybe @TennJeep1618 can add something about Akai pistols.

I agree that the slide to frame fitment is super smooth and feels like it's on ball bearings. I have a Akai single stack that has 25k+ rounds through it and still has a super tight slide to frame fitment. My boss who is also my gunsmith recently looked at it while I had him pinning the grip safety and he was amazed that is was still so tight after all the years of shooting it. His apprentice thought is was a brand new gun with how tight it was. 

On 4/28/2018 at 6:43 AM, teros135 said:

Maybe even north of $7,000.  And what's the lead time for SVI now, about 18 months?

My 5.4" sight tracker was about $6K and there might have been some premium in there due to going through the CA roster (they shipped a vanilla 5" .45 2011, after 10 day waiting period I shipped it back to be "customized"). The total time was 16 months.

I'm selling some guns to purchase an atlas nemeses in 40 for a do everything gun.

After playing with an atlas limited gun, it made my STI DVC feel cheap.

Edited by dkamps

20 hours ago, Moloch38 said:

Do it. 

Atlas4.jpg

Atlas5.jpg

Atlas6.jpg

??

Yeah you just sealed the deal for me.. ordering mine today!

gorgeous gun and set up.

How are the shooting characteristics of it vs a full slide limited gun? Looks like a 3 gun set up, 9mm or 40?