Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 Gen 5 trigger for production

chappys4life

I just picked up a Glock 34 Gen 5 for uspsa production class. I have been shooting a glock 19 gen 5 that has treated me well but think I was ready to upgrade. Currently I am C class and been working on my skills, also taking the Stoeger practical skills and drills this weekend. Hopefully a frank proctor pistol class in the fall as well. 

My 34 gen 5 sits now:

Vogel sights

TTI guide rod with 14lb spring

Talon grip tape

I am looking at the trigger.  With the new production rules what would be a good trigger? I was looking at the Zev race connector and spring kit but unsure if it works with the Gen 5. I have felt the TTI grand master kit and thought it was eh but I did not get to shoot it a lot. Thanks for any input .

• 2 weeks later...

I like the stock gen 5 characteristics so I’d honestly just get a glocktriggers Guardian kit for the gen 5. All stock parts just polished to a mirror shine. May lower weight slightly from reduced friction but they are smooth. 

I had one in a gen 4 and although they are pricey for what you get they are really smooth. 

On 5/14/2018 at 8:30 PM, Givo08 said:

I put a TTI kit in with a 5# striker spring and am pretty happy with the trigger. It's around 4.25# but smooth, and pops any primers I want to use.

Are you still happy? Looking at ordering the kit soon. 

2 hours ago, chappys4life said:

Are you still happy? Looking at ordering the kit soon. 

You may want to give Johnny Glock a ring and discuss what you are looking for.  In my search for the "perfect" glock trigger, I have found that they can customized alot.  From pre-travel, to break feel, to reset..  All of those things can be dialed in to your preference. 

With soo many great triggers on the market, its hard to say what is the best as personal preference varies between each shooter.

For me personally, I hate a glock trigger with a "wall".. I really like a rolling break as I find it easier for me to keep the sights on target.  I value reset length over pre-travel.  Others love the wall and don't want any pre-travel.  Working with someone like Johnny Glock will allow you to have a trigger dialed into your shooting style.