Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Tactical Sport Orange 40SW Why so hard to find?

NCShadow2

Congrats on the new TSO.. I was in your shoes last year.. ended up with a DVC but still have that TSO itch lol.

For future reference for anyone searching about this; I talked with DW/CZ when I was looking and they come out in batches, and there never are that many of them. Every few months they are released into the wild, besides the onesie and twosies here and there. 

Edited by dkamps
spelling

26 minutes ago, NCShadow2 said:

Knew it would happen..  Bought a new TSO 40 with fitted 9mm barrel yesterday around lunch.  Of course couldn't break the habit of hitting refresh on Gunbroker search, and there is a nice used one for a little less.  Oh well - at least I have one on the way.  Know have to figure out which holster/gear that I am going to order.

My checklist of items is the following - open to suggestions if you have a good experience with something else.

1.  Guga or DAA AX holster - did get some feedback on another thread, but still undecided

2.  CZC +4 baseplates

3.  Can't find a Shadow 2 extended safety - anyone have one?  Don't want to rob from my S2s

4.  13 rs and 15 ms

5.  Need two more 40 mag tubes and a couple 9mm tubes -  Saw these on GregCote http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-actmag-c-173/cz-75-ts-cz-75-ts-czechmate-40-sw-17-rd-factory-magazine-11171-p-1406.html  

6. On all my CZ 75s I install the CGW floating trigger pin - it looks like the TSO is different and requires loctite??  https://cajungunworks.com/product/75006-tactical-sport-trigger-pivot-pin/  any experience here?

7.  Mag holders - get the Guga or DAA that match holster or is there something better?

Missing or change anything?  Thanks - really great forum!

1. Alpha X

2. Nice

3. Order one from robin sebo. That’s where I got mine a couple of months ago

4. Recommend staying with stock main spring and just tune the rs

5. Get them. He’s local to me. Great guy to deal and talk to.

6. Get one and install it. I got one installed and comes with red loctite. The pin doesn’t have a groove in the middle like the shadow 2 pin hence the need for red loctite 

7. DAA

congrats on your new gun. It’s worth the wait.

Guga Ribas holster did great for me when I had Tactical Sports. I would test recoil springs and see which weight works for you. Don't mess with the mainspring weight at all. I really liked the Guga Ribas mag pouches with the tactical sport mags. The CZC guide rod is a must have. The factory polymer guide rod is junk IMO.

Does the TSO .40 comes with a polymer guide rod?

I ask because my TSO 9mm came with stainless steel guide rod. I made sure it’s stainless too by checking it with a magnet and it stick to it.

here is a pic of the parts during tear down after I took it home from the FFL. Its the part directly below the barrel.

0_A8_BF250-25_FC-4142-_AF52-_D6_E88_C627

Edited by George16

4 hours ago, NCShadow2 said:

Looks like my table.  I do the same for every new CZ.  Great pic and very helpful George16!  

Youre welcome. It’s one of those leftover plywood countertop cover I had laying around. Makes it a lot easier to clean compared to jus having bare plywood as top.

12 hours ago, George16 said:

Does the TSO .40 comes with a polymer guide rod?

I ask because my TSO 9mm came with stainless steel guide rod. I made sure it’s stainless too by checking it with a magnet and it stick to it.

here is a pic of the parts during tear down after I took it home from the FFL. Its the part directly below the barrel.

0_A8_BF250-25_FC-4142-_AF52-_D6_E88_C627

The TSO guide rod is SS. 

1 minute ago, 858 said:

The TSO guide rod is SS. 

Yeah. That’s why I was surprised when two posters replied telling him get a CZC steel guide rod. What difference does the CZC steel guide makes compared to the stock SS guide rod on the TSO?

14 minutes ago, George16 said:

Yeah. That’s why I was surprised when two posters replied telling him get a CZC steel guide rod. What difference does the CZC steel guide makes compared to the stock SS guide rod on the TSO?

Reduces the weight of your wallet so you can run faster.