Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Tactical Sport Orange 40SW Why so hard to find?

NCShadow2

I have several CZ and been looking for the Tactical Sport Orange 40SW for sometime now.  Do they run in production cycles?  Why so hard to find now? 

Second question is:  those that have the 40sw did the 9mm barrel just drop in or did you fit yourself or did you use a gunsmith?  Thanks in advance.

Edited by NCShadow2

Here is one in 9mm.

https://www.gunprodeals.com/products/cz-75-806703912615?utm_source=Gun+Pro+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=4506fc6f79-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_04_25&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_2ad142b0c4-4506fc6f79-172866085

You can buy a 9mm barrel for Tactical Sport and it’s the same one used on TSO. However , some hand fitting may be required. This is the same kind of hand fitting on new barrels on other 75 models and there are videos showing you how to do it on YouTube.

Somewhere I downloaded this picture showing the areas to file down just very little if needed.

776b54b0bcd28120f2e3ad7015a5b631.jpg

I've been keeping an eye out for a TSO in 40SW for a while (in Canada) and it's like trying to find a unicorn. I gave up and picked up a Tanfoglio Ltd Custom 2018 instead. Probably not as tuned as a TSO but I can do that on my own. Watch the TSOs show up at retailers after I take possession of my Tang. :P

Last month when I was looking for a TSO 9mm, all I had seen were .40. Now it’s the other way around. Just be patient, you’ll get one eventually and you’ll know that it’s worth the wait. I know I felt that way when I got mine. My wife loves shooting it too because of the very light trigger pull even though it’s a little bit heavy.

I ordered a 9mm from de-guns before I stumbled upon the only .40 I could find after searching for awhile. Was able to cancel the 9mm order and took delivery of the .40 today.

40985768324_2614f1c03f_z.jpg

Edited by aztomex

16 hours ago, aztomex said:

I ordered a 9mm from de-guns before I stumbled upon the only .40 I could find after searching for awhile. Was able to cancel the 9mm order and took delivery of the .40 today.

40985768324_2614f1c03f_z.jpg

Love the collection!

That’s a great price considering a TSO sells around $1600 plus you get a complete top end for a 9mm conversion which goes about $6-700.

If I don’t have a TSO already, I would have bought that myself.

Edited by George16

37 minutes ago, NCShadow2 said:

He just has the 9mm barrel, and one 9mm mag. Not complete upper or it would be sold.  He is wanting $1950 shipped today the whole package.   Is that a good deal?? Thanks again. 

What's the round count? Idk $1950 does seem a bit high unless its brand new never shot. The barrel is only about $250 and the mag doesn't matter I think he's trying to make his money back and some

I bought a .40 about a month or two ago and the 9mm was the hard one to find.  I've been looking for a 9mm upper end, but might just settle on getting a full pistol because after the cost of the upper end (600-700) plus a few mags.. well hell you're a pretty good piece down the road and might as well get a whole gun.

Passed on one that was $1500 and have been kicking myself in the ass for doing so.

Edited by RexKramer

• 2 weeks later...

This thread gives me hope then. I have a TSO 40 that has less than 500 rounds through it and some minor upgrades to it that I'll be looking to trade in the future. Whereas it is an awesome limited gun, I really want a 2011. Good luck on your search Shadow. They do pop up in spurts. I've seen a few here on the classifieds in the past few months.

The guy on Gunbroker mentioned above contacted me after it didn’t sell for $2150.  He backed out on what he told me he would do it it didn’t sell. Just a heads up on that seller.  Will wait on dealer to get one in. 

• 2 weeks later...

Knew it would happen..  Bought a new TSO 40 with fitted 9mm barrel yesterday around lunch.  Of course couldn't break the habit of hitting refresh on Gunbroker search, and there is a nice used one for a little less.  Oh well - at least I have one on the way.  Know have to figure out which holster/gear that I am going to order.

My checklist of items is the following - open to suggestions if you have a good experience with something else.

1.  Guga or DAA AX holster - did get some feedback on another thread, but still undecided

2.  CZC +4 baseplates

3.  Can't find a Shadow 2 extended safety - anyone have one?  Don't want to rob from my S2s

4.  13 rs and 15 ms

5.  Need two more 40 mag tubes and a couple 9mm tubes -  Saw these on GregCote http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-actmag-c-173/cz-75-ts-cz-75-ts-czechmate-40-sw-17-rd-factory-magazine-11171-p-1406.html  

6. On all my CZ 75s I install the CGW floating trigger pin - it looks like the TSO is different and requires loctite??  https://cajungunworks.com/product/75006-tactical-sport-trigger-pivot-pin/  any experience here?

7.  Mag holders - get the Guga or DAA that match holster or is there something better?

8.  CGW Stainless Guide rod?  I have them in all my others - any difference using this for the TSO

Missing or change anything?  Thanks - really great forum!

Edited by NCShadow2