Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Mercs

CZ 75 ASG Aluminum Grips

Can anyone tell me if these grips for CZ 75 ASG can be made to fit the regular CZ 75? They are just grips, so as long as they can fit well I don’t see why not pay $35 for these and modify for a few mins, instead of $90 for similar. Does this seem like a good idea a4f1801bdb95f428298e02535b96061e.jpgor a bad idea to you all?

35b3db72af9f064a0f90dee9cb775915.jpg519d567b463b36504211d784cb50370c.jpg

https://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Grips_and_Stocks_GBB_KJ_Works_CZ_Logo_Aluminium_Hand_Grip_for_CZ_SP_01_Shadow_Red.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me if these grips for CZ 75 ASG can be made to fit the regular CZ 75? They are just grips, so as long as they can fit well I don’t see why not pay $35 for these and modify for a few mins, instead of $90 for similar. Does this seem like a good idea a4f1801bdb95f428298e02535b96061e.jpgor a bad idea to you all?
 35b3db72af9f064a0f90dee9cb775915.jpg519d567b463b36504211d784cb50370c.jpg
https://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Grips_and_Stocks_GBB_KJ_Works_CZ_Logo_Aluminium_Hand_Grip_for_CZ_SP_01_Shadow_Red.htm

I like your style, keep me in the loop ! I can send you a picture or two of the back of shadow 2 panels if the helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ignored the warning about only using on air soft guns, and ordered a set to play around with. I can’t imagine the grips exploding or anything. Does anyone know what the difference could be in the aluminum?

I like your style, keep me in the loop ! I can send you a picture or two of the back of shadow 2 panels if the helps

Thanks for your support lol, I’ll post here when I get them in the mail

I ignored the warning about only using on air soft guns, and ordered a set to play around with. I can’t imagine the grips exploding or anything. Does anyone know what the difference could be in the aluminum?

I suspect there’s no difference in the aluminum

I dont think they'll blow up only thing i see is quality of the aluminum could seem cheap 

Grips came today. They look great! Looks like they will fit with minor dremel work. Screw holes seem to line up

b2c346a0831a93ed1b619c4312f6bac5.jpg

Material is pretty much irrelevant. Hell, I was rocking 3D printed grips for a while. 

If they fit the frame and don't drag on the magazine, you're set.

Airsoft guns usually have pretty similar specs to the real ones so I think you're good to go.

I simply placed the grips on the gun and then traced inside with a pencil to get the bottom line. Here’s the problem: the top has to be cut also, because the screw hole is about 1-2/16” low on the ASG grips. I couldn’t see this until AFTER I cut the bottom already. So it’s best to cut the top down FIRST, and then measure for the bottom cut. Or just make a template or measure everything the right way. The way I did it, I was left with a gap on the bottom.

807a028a903ca397350998bd5d6c9b18.jpg

So I placed the grips in a clamp and used steel pieces to form a guide for cutting the backs of the grips.

6c689d491c6c64fc126e9bad45f1dc8e.jpg

Once I had lengthened the notch at the bottom and got the top cut enough for the screw hole to line up, I filed down the remaining metal to flush it up with the recessed part of the grip. Heres what the back looked like

bd6ecea6e92eeff77b5f6e38113191c0.jpg

By now you must have realized I’m no pro with a dremel. So I think if you have dremel skills, you can do this very well. What would probably be the best way is to make a real template from the back of some other aluminum grips, and make the cuts as precise as possible. I messed up the top part and nicked a tiny groove that is visible in the picture below

252f434566bb5492b9a495d040b8d4f7.jpg

And here’s the finished grip on the gun. You can see on the bottom I made another little mistake when the carbide cutter ran away on me.

a8e6ec4f57e6c88719ed0a4e28b01680.jpg

6a9476474227366cb27b53abeb89740b.jpg

a5f6b015d1db3e185777bc7bb68271cb.jpg

The screw hole is lined up perfectly for sure.

df2b6dc28b7bc79466e549d518e14775.jpg

Once they’re on the gun (especially if you do a better job than I did with the dremel) these grips seem to be no different than the ones made by CZC, except I’m not sure if theylll allow room for a decocker lever to be pushed down. May only be for safety models.

Takeaways from this little art project:

1) the screw holes do NOT line up. If you measure from the top recess to the screw hole you will see the very small difference. The grips have to cut on the top to allow them to fit high enough. Take this into consideration when planning

2) one mistake with the dremel can reduce the $35 grips to scrap. Must go slow and be precise, and should not even attempt this unless one has good dremel skills

3) the grips are solid, grippy, and the finish looks great! I don’t see any difference whatsoever between these and CZC grips, and cannot explain why these are only $35. Either they are losing money on these, or CZC is making huge profit margin. The value is definitely there imo.

4) these grips are for Airsoft guns ONLY... I don’t yet know why... I can’t really recommend doing this, since for some reason you aren’t supposed to

Material is pretty much irrelevant. Hell, I was rocking 3D printed grips for a while. 

If they fit the frame and don't drag on the magazine, you're set.

Interesting! I saw some folks selling those on the Bay

Good work @Mercs, looks like with a little time spent with a dremel you saved yourself a few bucks. 

That said...

3 hours ago, Mercs said:

3) the grips are solid, grippy, and the finish looks great! I don’t see any difference whatsoever between these and CZC grips, and cannot explain why these are only $35. Either they are losing money on these, or CZC is making huge profit margin. The value is definitely there imo.

4) these grips are for Airsoft guns ONLY... I don’t yet know why... I can’t really recommend doing this, since for some reason you aren’t supposed to

3) I doubt they're losing money. I have no idea what CZC's margins are, but the market will bear what the market will bear. Your grips are made in who knows what country from god knows what material, and are marketed to teenagers who will bolt them up to a toy. I can't speak for CZ UB Grips, as they're likely made in central europe, but CZC grips are made in the US. Everything costs more to make here.

3) Why? Because they dont fit real guns without first attacking them with a dremel. - You can do anything you want, but most companies don't advertise the fact that their products can be modified to work in manners other than intended. As such, they market them "for airsoft guns only" 😉

Good work [mention=67628]Mercs[/mention], looks like with a little time spent with a dremel you saved yourself a few bucks. 

That said...

3) I doubt they're losing money. I have no idea what CZC's margins are, but the market will bear what the market will bear. Your grips are made in who knows what country from god knows what material, and are marketed to teenagers who will bolt them up to a toy. I can't speak for CZ UB Grips, as they're likely made in central europe, but CZC grips are made in the US. Everything costs more to make here.

3) Why? Because they dont fit real guns without first attacking them with a dremel. - You can do anything you want, but most companies don't advertise the fact that their products can be modified to work in manners other than intended. As such, they market them "for airsoft guns only" 

The KJ Works website seems to be Japanese. So your explanation of country of origin determining price point seems to be a reasonable one. Also, the part about them not fitting could very well be the reason they stipulate for Airsoft Gun use only. I believe you are right again.

I have to correct you on the Airsoft guns being toys, though, as they are extremely competitive just like sport shooting. They are very expensive, high quality “guns” also. Not that I’m into that stuff lol. I personally use palm swell grips on my CZ Shadow so in essence I wasted money on this, I didn’t save any. I just was very curious about this and whether it could work... maybe I need to find better things to do

Well now I have some sweet grips for photos

Sent from my iPhone using Ta4906fcbd23aea1290d4cc2b367d6c2cd.jpgpatalk

Nice job you did there, despite the few slip-ups. Thanks for the detail pics.

Nice job you did there, despite the few slip-ups. Thanks for the detail pics.

I shot some steel with them on and they stayed put. Not too shabby

Good stuff. Yeah, I wouldn't think grips go through enough forces to be made of 7075 or 6061. Might make fun a fun weekend project. :)