Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CMC Trigger for AR-9 PCC?

I have a CMC trigger that I would like to put into my New Frontier 9mm lower.  I have a New frontier upper with a Kaw Valley Precision standard 9mm bolt and KVP match barrel.

Will the CMC trigger work on this gun?  I have heard that certain drop-in triggers don't function properly on 9mm AR PCC gun.

Thank you,

Chris

Edited by S&W627shooter

I have a CMC single stage that works in my KE Arms lower with a NFA upper and modular bolt.  FWIW, I had emailed them when I first had it built, and this was their reply...

"With our AR10/15 triggers they're not typically meant for the 9mm platforms, however we have customers that have zero issues, while others experience reset issues. If you are not experiencing reset issues, you're one of the lucky ones! There's nothing specific to analyze if you're not having an issue."

They had indicated at the time (October last year) that they were going to be developing a PCC-specific trigger, but I still don't see one on their website.

I am also not seeing any deformation on the rear of the firing pin with this trigger.
Edited by JAFO
On 4/25/2018 at 7:54 AM, Intel6 said:

Try it and see is all you can do.   I like the single/flat CMC triggers and dropped one into my PSA PCC and it didn't work, wouldn't reset. 

Same here. CMC in a PSA and it wouldn't reset. A lot of folks having great success with the Hyperfire. I'm saving my pennies for one of those.

• 1 month later...

I just pulled the CMC Flat trigger out of my PSA lower. Hammer following/Not Resetting. Put a regular trigger back in and it works. The CMC works in the standard lower i swapped it into. The funny thing was I had it at the indoor range twice last week and it worked both times. Last night at the match it started taking a dump.

Just going to put some JP springs on the original trigger and save up for the 24C

49 minutes ago, HogStalker said:

That would be awesome! I've seen other posts going back to early 2017 of the same. I just want to have the same trigger in all the rifles. ?

I really recommend the same trigger across platforms. If you’ve already got a CMC that you like, I’d recommend yanking that one and trying it out in your PCC.  If it works, LEAVE THAT ONE IN THE PCC and buy a new matching one for your AR.  That's basically what I did with mine (Hiperfire 24c) and it’s a success. 

Edited by jkrispies

I have a glock lower & CMMG Bolt on my backup PCC.  This was my first build and I have a CMC trigger in it.  My gunsmith welded an extension on the hammer and then heat treated it in the oven.  It has lasted so far and the only issue I had was the disconnector I guess.  He said he sent it back to CMC and they put a new one on.  At the same time they were impressed with the extension he put on.  If you do decide to extend the hammer I highly suggest you get it heat treated so that it will last.

On 6/12/2018 at 10:19 AM, jkrispies said:

I really recommend the same trigger across platforms. If you’ve already got a CMC that you like, I’d recommend yanking that one and trying it out in your PCC.  If it works, LEAVE THAT ONE IN THE PCC and buy a new matching one for your AR.  That's basically what I did with mine (Hiperfire 24c) and it’s a success. 

I already went down the CMC Flat rabbit hole... Ak, ar15 x 3, AR10. A little too late for me unfortunately.

I put a standard trigger and hammer in with JP springs. It has worked so far minus it being dirty and jamming. Cleaned up it works great.

Edited by HogStalker

So I guess the caveat I should’ve said was: put a really good, matching trigger in all of your guns! Polishing up and using J.P. Springs in the regular AR trigger actually works relatively decent but it’s nowhere as nice as an actual match trigger. I really like the hyperfire but that doesn’t mean somebody else can’t find a better one. I wouldn’t mind trying an Elftmann.  Timney always gets good reviews.  None of the really good ones are going to be cheap.  

1 hour ago, Startingover said:

Don't see much love for the Elftmann AR9 trigger here.

Is it just because of lack of exposure, or are guys having problems? 

Do they they have one specific for PCC's?   Elftmann as a whole still pretty new, but that's only a guess if that's the reason.  A friend had issues with an Elftmann not resetting in his PCC, but that was a regular rifle trigger in a PCC.

2 hours ago, jkrispies said:

Do they they have one specific for PCC's?   Elftmann as a whole still pretty new, but that's only a guess if that's the reason.  A friend had issues with an Elftmann not resetting in his PCC, but that was a regular rifle trigger in a PCC.

Yes they do sell an AR9/45 trigger.

Edited by alvinsmith75
1 minute ago, jkrispies said:

In that case I’m not sure if my friend’s experience is relevant as he may have been using a standard rifle trigger in his PCC.  

I had the match trigger first and it failed, then the AR10 trigger and it went full auto, not bump fire, full auto!!!  Was fun for that range trip.  The AR9 worked for the 2 matches I shot it but I've since gone to POF triggers in all my rifles.

I have a CMC 9MM modified trigger I have been testing for just over a month. It works great with the 5 or 6 bolts I have played with. The PSA Gen 1, 2 and 3 included. Most of these drop in trigger companies are modifying their AR10 triggers to be PCC compliant. I get the opportunity to play with a lot of different configurations and I wish I had time to write it up. I can say that through it all, the only one that has been 100% for me is the Hiperfire with every combination of products I've used.