Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS2 Mounts

turbopower18

Didn't like how the cheely puts the sight offset to bore line. Tried the FMW and liked how it looked and balanced, but had the odd ejection issue due to how far back the sight was placed. Now using the double Alpha and liking it a lot. Integrated thumb rest is nice too. 

I like the two sided mounts.  They are very solid.

Double Tap Sports has a new one that works with RTS2 or DPP.

IPSC Alex or SV are the other two sided mounts out there.

If you run a slide racker with the double sided mounts, it's best to have the detent set-up

so you can remove the racker real easy to take the slide off.

1 hour ago, RaylanGivens said:

Maybe...  But why would you buy an off-centered sight mount on purpose?

Ejection perfection! Whe I ran a Cheely upright mount with slide ride that thing was waay offset to the point of looking weird if you looked at it from behind. But wh n shooting even that much offset was invisible. The RTS2 mount is just barely offset by comparison. 

Ejection perfection! Whe I ran a Cheely upright mount with slide ride that thing was waay offset to the point of looking weird if you looked at it from behind. But wh n shooting even that much offset was invisible. The RTS2 mount is just barely offset by comparison. 
And yet... still ugly haha. I just hate the way offsets look, personally.

I have had 3 different Everglades mounts now. I wouldn't buy anything else. The Brazos mounts are nice, but I much prefer having a blast shield (on my new gun especially, with the big holes it makes lenses filthy). I also like the Limcat mounts, and if you use a thumbrest then it would be a good option. I am not a fan of the price though.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently got the everglades mount also but have only mocked it up so far. Havent shot with it yet. I went to this after using a sideways mount with a slideride so it'll be a big difference

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Started with a Cheely and ran it for about a year.  In close it was fine but out past 25 yards I was having to index the dot to the right.  Just switched to the Everglades and no more issues.  Spot on at all distances.  Could just be a mental thing but I will be sticking with the Everglades.

I didn't have any issues with m CK, centered the dot, held the dot.  

I have an AGW now, the dot is off center (narrow frame) which isn't ideal when I look at my gun but I can't tell when I'm dry firing or shooting.  It was a bit expensive, maybe should have looked around more.  

• 2 weeks later...
I ended up with the brazos custom mount too. Sits in the center of the slide. Looks good and is sturdy. Looked at the Everglades mount too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

After some time with the Brazos Customs RTS Mount, I have had no failure to eject and it is a breeze to clean. The lack of blast shield has not been an issue. Learning to find the dot was easy since the sight is right there at the draw. I am very happy with my purchase of the Brazos mount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro