Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's everyones favorite aftermarket glock trigger?

SconnieShooter

I am debating what brand or if I even want to upgrade the trigger bar in my G35 Gen 4. I currently have a lightened lonewolf striker, TTI disconnect/spring kit, which I am much happier with then the ZE springs, they seem the crispest. 

I am curious what peoples opinions are on a ZEV trigger vs Apex or if I should just stick with the stock bar and use the money for ammo. 

No experience with the apex. The zev ultimate trigger, IMO, is about as good as it gets. In a comp trigger that is. I’m not one of the people that swears you have to leave everything stock but that zev is too light for me to carry and feel comfortable. But to each their own. But I also have a stock g19 that I put a few hundred through per week just to keep my fundamentals honest. 

I have two triggers from each of the following,  Vaneck, DK Custom and Johnny Glock and had a Zev (which I sold). Of the three brands that I  currently own, they are all so VERY similar in feel and performance but I would give a slight edge to Johnny Glock’s over the others.

Have only run the Zev full kit. Once you get it set up, it is a great trigger. I had to get some warranty work done on mine when I had it, the pin that the trigger safety shoe rotates on came out twice, once during a string of steel at a match. I sent it back to Zev and they replaced the whole unit. I think they have since changed the design to keep that from happening (happened about 4 years ago).

I just shot a Gen4 G34 in a Glock match, 250 plus rounds on 8 stages, and my Zev kit performed flawless. I admit I am not even remotely a Glock fan, but with this trigger I have decided to use the set up in 3 gun also. It has the feel and performance of a custom installed Springer Precision kit in the XDm. Included with the trigger is the lightened Zev firing pin and competition cups. 

The other brands I have not used, but this is the only Glock I will have. Getting used to the way the gun sits in my hand is just not gonna happen.

A little more to add to my previous post. The GT Edge I like with the reduced pre travel , reduced over travel and shorter reset. However I prefer it with a 5# striker spring and not the 4# striker spring. With the 4# striker spring the reset is weak and the trigger somewhat mushy.

The Apex trigger has a shorter reset and less over travel than I can achieve with the GT Edge. And again I prefer the Apex  with a 5# striker spring for the same reasons as above.

Glocktriggers.com Haley Skimmer in conjunction with a Ghost Rocket with the overtravel tab... very little pretravel, imperceptible overtravel. Once the Rocket tab is set, no adjustable parts to go out of spec on you, has been 100% reliable for 24K rounds now.  Charlie Vanek's Master kit with polished striker & FPB also nice, but expensive... used Skimmers around $80 and Ghost Rocket cheap...if you get the Rocket kit, comes with orange backplate to check striker/tab engagement.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it the reset, or shortening the over travel?  A set screw in the back of the housing can do that... or buy one already done, Lonewolf makes one with set screw installed.