Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Texas

HickLife

Hey guys, I'm not new to the gun world but I am new to the competition world. Haven't shot a match yet but I have some gear on the way to get me started and am looking forward to improving my skills all around. I have a lot of questions but I will try and find them before I post any thing so I don't spam everyone with redundant questions. 

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Is there a section for training? Like self defense classes and tactical pistol and such. I want to see what classes people have taken and suggest taking.

I recently made it the decision to become a firearms instructor and i want to take as many classes as I can so I can broaden my knowledge base and see how other people approach teaching and such. Plus the training I got from the Seabees just isn’t enough, it was good, just not geared towards what I want to teach for civilians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it the Brazosland Pistoleros you are thinking of? I need to get in touch with them so I can shoot with them. My only complain is that from what I see the USPSA shoots are almost exclusively on Sundays. 

9 hours ago, HickLife said:

Is it the Brazosland Pistoleros you are thinking of? I need to get in touch with them so I can shoot with them. My only complain is that from what I see the USPSA shoots are almost exclusively on Sundays. 

At Cawthorne Cartridge Club near Navasota, they have several matches each month as well as occasional classes.  Check them out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/cawthoncartridgeclub/

First Sunday is Dissident UML 3 Gun match.  

Second Sunday is JP Industries Steel Match.

Third Sunday is Brazosland USPSA.

Fourth Sunday is CCC Practical Pistol.

Sometimes (like next Sunday) they have a special 5th Sunday of the month match.  The April match is a hosefest with 5 stages.  Each stage is 25 metric targets.  https://practiscore.com/jp-enterprises-5th-weekend-hosefest-and-suppressor-bonanza/register

All can be found on Practiscore.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Welcome.  I run a uspsa match in Midland texas on the first Sundays of the month if your ever out this way.

Awesome! I have family in midland, i could use it as an excuse to go visit them more lol

Welcome.  I run a uspsa match in Midland texas on the first Sundays of the month if your ever out this way.

Awesome! I have family in midland, i could use it as an excuse to go visit them more lol