Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Options for a 52" multigun bag

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been using the Hogue Gear double XL rifle case for quite a while, and it has really impressively held up.  Holds M2 with 12shell tube just fine with great protection.  Nice pouch layout, has a drag handle on the end which is nice to pull it out of the bed of a truck, etc.  Big mag pockets, tons of padding.  Built tough, as I've used it quite a bit, and beyond dust, it isn't fraying or torn up or seams loosening like I've seen from many other range bags/cases.

However, I'm really interested in the Voodoo Tactical 56" 3gun competition bag, but haven't been able to find one (that isn't the silly camo pattern) at the price that I saw them at on Voodoo's site (~$210 instead of the $250 on Ebay).  Saw one over last weekend at Vortex Shooters Source match, and yeah, I want to pick one up for sure.  The pockets are configurable inside with hook/loop sleeves, they are bigger, and the shoulder straps actually exist, unlike the Hogue bag which didn't come with them and they never released the add-on shoulder harness like they said they would.  

The Hogue bag is actually really, really nice, but it looks to me (at this point without actually owning one and setting it up the way I want) that the Voodoo Tactical bag is a bit more functional and laid out better for what we do.

Edited by AustinWolv

I love my Safariland bag. Shot some matches hauling it before I made my cart. I was very surprised how much I could fit into it, and has held up fine. I still use it but now it rides in my cart, much nicer in Florida Summers, as is the cooler it rides with. :-)

FWIW, I handle a Voodoo bag on a near daily basis for dryfire (I use it to store my PCC or whichever rifle I’m focused on at the moment), pulling it in and out of cabinet storage onto table tops, unzipping it, locking it, etc, as well as range/match use, and it shows zero signs of wear throughout about a year’s solid use.  

Edited by jkrispies

Another confirmed believer here for the VooDoo 3-Gun Bag. The organization and presentation of all our gear is 2nd to none. The carry options are well executed including the back pack straps. All their products wear like steel under heavy use without failure. They support our support and our veterans.

Feel free to contact me via email if interested in a 25% discount code to order directly from their site.

The VooDoo 3Gun Bag is the jam. Built super-well and will last for quite a while unless you do something stupid to it.

Long enough for the 12rd tubes. Plenty of internal dividers, magazine pouches, external pockets, external loops for stashing stuff, velcro for whatever you may want to use it for, etc.

I had to order mine off of "Major Surplus" instead of the actual VooDoo website.

They aren't cheap, but they are absolutely worth it.

On 4/29/2018 at 5:28 AM, 2alphas said:

As I have had more than a few PM's for the VooDoo 25% discount, I thought I would post for all. Enjoy!

VST2018 on their website direct.

Pm me if you have any issues.

Thanks!

On 4/23/2018 at 4:46 PM, AustinWolv said:

Been using the Hogue Gear double XL rifle case for quite a while, and it has really impressively held up.  Holds M2 with 12shell tube just fine with great protection.  Nice pouch layout, has a drag handle on the end which is nice to pull it out of the bed of a truck, etc.  Big mag pockets, tons of padding.  Built tough, as I've used it quite a bit, and beyond dust, it isn't fraying or torn up or seams loosening like I've seen from many other range bags/cases.

However, I'm really interested in the Voodoo Tactical 56" 3gun competition bag, but haven't been able to find one (that isn't the silly camo pattern) at the price that I saw them at on Voodoo's site (~$210 instead of the $250 on Ebay).  Saw one over last weekend at Vortex Shooters Source match, and yeah, I want to pick one up for sure.  The pockets are configurable inside with hook/loop sleeves, they are bigger, and the shoulder straps actually exist, unlike the Hogue bag which didn't come with them and they never released the add-on shoulder harness like they said they would.  

The Hogue bag is actually really, really nice, but it looks to me (at this point without actually owning one and setting it up the way I want) that the Voodoo Tactical bag is a bit more functional and laid out better for what we do.

Stage Zero Shooting Supply has some inbound.  You can order them now even if they haven'y showed up on the website.

I've had the Midway USA 52" for a few years and it works, but I'm going to upgrade to something nicer fairly soon as I just don't feel too confident in its ability to hold a lot of weight.  I'll probably go Voodoo route.

Thanks, already got mine, as they came back in stock at Voodoo.

:)

Pretty slick bag, but there are a few minor changes I'd make, and I'm planning on adding some hook/loop smaller pouches for smaller items instead of them being thrown in the massive outside pockets.  

20180505_140827.jpg

That voodoo looks nice ... I'm leaning towards that bag now.

Does it have an option to attach a single sling to carry it over a shoulder for close stages where I wouldn't want to use like a backpack?