Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Classifier Updates

Dutchman195

To get classified you need to have 4 on record, but as you accumulate more it averages your best 6. 

So when I shoot a 'classifier match'  I have 6 classifiers submitted. USPSA takes the best 4 and gives a Classification. But then a week later the run the update and average the 6 and my % Drops but the Classification remains the same.

Does that seem silly to anyone? Its happened to me were my percentage is a C but my class is a B. And another guy I shoot with mentioned the same thing happened to him.  In my simple 8 round brain, if its a classifier match and I have 6 scores entered on the same day, then those 6 should all go towards my initial classification. 

I would guess a computer program should be able to distinguish that 6 classifier scores, with the same submission date and same match name were all shot the same day and ALL 6 should be used for initial classification. 

This is the published policy:

"Earning A Classification
To become classified, a member must have at least
four valid scores from different classifier courses in the
USPSA database. If more than four scores are in the
database when the averages are calculated, the best four
of the most recent six valid scores will be used. Any
scores in excess of the most recent six valid scores are
not used for the initial classification. Those scores over
the most recent six may be used at the next monthly
reclassification if they are within the most recent eight
scores."

Same thing happened to me in SS when the division went real and they processed cached classifiers.

On 4/23/2018 at 3:37 PM, Dutchman195 said:

To get classified you need to have 4 on record, but as you accumulate more it averages your best 6. 

So when I shoot a 'classifier match'  I have 6 classifiers submitted. USPSA takes the best 4 and gives a Classification. But then a week later the run the update and average the 6 and my % Drops but the Classification remains the same.

Does that seem silly to anyone? Its happened to me were my percentage is a C but my class is a B. And another guy I shoot with mentioned the same thing happened to him.  In my simple 8 round brain, if its a classifier match and I have 6 scores entered on the same day, then those 6 should all go towards my initial classification. 

I would guess a computer program should be able to distinguish that 6 classifier scores, with the same submission date and same match name were all shot the same day and ALL 6 should be used for initial classification. 

The program certainly could, if it was supposed to.  What do the rules say about it?