Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPX and Hiperfire 24C trigger

Good Afternoon- I have been having issues with my MPX Gen 2 Carbine. The issue I am having is the rifle firing and what appears to short stroke causing the round to not feed.

Changes to the OEM rifle:

-Hiperfire 24C trigger with lightest pull springs

-ILWT 6" barrel with Taccom extension

- KNS Anti-rotational pins

This issue happened twice in USPSA this weekend and has happened almost once ever magazine. Today, the bolt stopped halfway open without ejecting the spent case. This got me thinking that maybe the light trigger springs (making the hardest hammer strike) could possibly be causing the bolt to slow down to a speed that would cause this issue.

Question: could the idea above be possible?

Thanks in advance!

I also had magazine issues along with what your description, I was using Gen 1 mags with Gen 2 MPX, learned that they don’t work well together!

I agree with Eric, if your load is too soft that you’ll encounter the short stroke problems.  Good luck!

I just had this problem running 124 gr bullets with 3.9 gr of Titegoup. It happened numerous times in a match and started happening multiple times per mag.

I replaced the gas plug with an Open model from ILWT and one of their tappets. I also started running 147 gr bullets with 3.9 gr CFE Pistol. That seems to have fixed the issue for me. I also upgraded my older mag springs with the extra power Springer Precision mag springs.

Edited by James3Gunna

I used a new ILWT barrel and gas system today and still had the same issues i was having with my OEM barrel and gas system. I first thought it was the extra power spring in my +11 TT extension, but it was also happening in my 30 round Sig mag. I also thought it was the small gas port in my Gen 2 barrel, but i replaced it with the new barrel.  I am going to try to change the hammer springs in my trigger to see if that may be the issue. Still trying to pinpoint the issue. On a side note: the ILWT/ Taccom barrel and handguard combo is great. It is quite a bit lighter than the original setup.

2 other things to consider would be a new extractor spring and take a look at the ejector. I was talking with a guy on the MPX Facebook group who broke the nose off of his ejector and it was doing exactly what yours is.

Edited by James3Gunna