Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 build help

sheepdog69

I'm partial to EGW parts.  They are always well made.  The tools you will need will be determined by whether you are good at handwork, or have access to a mill.  You can find schematics online.

I do most of my ordering through Brownells, but the Brazos Tuned Trigger kit is a must, especially for OPEN. I second EGW as often as possible, but have had great luck with AFTEC extractors. I even keep a second in my bag as i’ve seen friends extractors break at matches and the Aftecs usually drop in and save the day. Buy a quality disconnector and a Cylinder & Slide Light Pull sear spring. They seem to have the best resistance to fatigue.

The rest is really preference, but I prefer Kart barrels. PT frame, slide & EVO grip will give you the least trouble, but know their slides are SUPER hard and require extra patience when tapping the Bomar. Good luck on your build!

Edited by resortboarder

20 minutes ago, sheepdog69 said:

mike what is this part? 361-241-1091

That's the number to Benny Hills shop. 

Lmao, the ole butcher

I live in Corpus and shoot with him frequently. If you want someone to tell you there's only one way to do something and if you do anything else you're wrong. Call away!!!

I got plenty of earfuls when I was building my own gun and didn't listen to everything he told me. ?

On 4/23/2018 at 1:17 AM, sheepdog69 said:

does anyone have a parts list, schematic and tool list to build a 2011 double stack

any recommendations for parts

Im building an open gun.... the goal anyway  but it could change to a limited

Thanks

I just built one not long ago and have a thread with pics/vids throughout the process. 

I am probably going to put a good list together tonight of what all I would up with as I have changed a part here and there. 

I'll post it here or shoot you a PM later