Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scaled targets for Dry fire

Bench

Late one night I found a post on this forum SOMEWHERE that had files for printable scaled USPSA targets for various 'distances'. Searches haven't revealed anything that resembled that post. Has anyone seen this post?

I just Google Image searched “USPSA target “ and printed them out in various sizes using the printer interface. Not scientific as far as actual size but since my dry fire distance is about 8 feet, it does a passable job of approximating various actual diastances. I also printed out a few mini poppers to practice sighting on those.

1 minute ago, Mcfoto said:

I just Google Image searched “USPSA target “ and printed them out in various sizes using the printer interface. Not scientific as far as actual size but since my dry fire distance is about 8 feet, it does a passable job of approximating various actual diastances. I also printed out a few mini poppers to practice sighting on those.

Thanks Mcfoto, these were kind of neat in that they were scaled for various distances and worked for a dry fire distance of 10'.

41 minutes ago, SwedishMoose said:

http://dryfire.ninja/ is a website you can use to cycle through target types and print. I believe it also has some timer features. 

Actually I'm not sure if you can print it, but you can use your computer as a surface and click to create new targets on screen to make an array. 

Well, that sounds kind of a good thing. Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know it costs money but I would just buy some from the stoeger pro shop. I used a print out for a while but the precut cardboard targets are a lot nicer when moving around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I printed out some 1/3 targets and I used it as a template to make some dry fire targets from cardboard.  I got a cardboard box and transferred the printed target to the cardboard and I cut it out.  I would rather use the cardboard for dry fire, it much sturdier than paper.  Besides we don't shoot the white targets in USPSA, why practice shooting them in dry fire?

On 4/22/2018 at 1:42 PM, Bench said:

Late one night I found a post on this forum SOMEWHERE that had files for printable scaled USPSA targets for various 'distances'. Searches haven't revealed anything that resembled that post. Has anyone seen this post?

You need to work on your search skills ? Searching for the word "printable" in topics came up with this (and other threads):

ETA: about 9 posts down you will find some PDF files of targets that I drew...

Edited by ChuckS

4 hours ago, stick said:

I printed out some 1/3 targets and I used it as a template to make some dry fire targets from cardboard.  I got a cardboard box and transferred the printed target to the cardboard and I cut it out.  I would rather use the cardboard for dry fire, it much sturdier than paper.  Besides we don't shoot the white targets in USPSA, why practice shooting them in dry fire?

Not sure about USPSA, but elsewhere I've seen the white side used as shootable targets when it is hard or impossible to see the target against the background. Happens especially in Rifle matches. The whole Match must use the colors consistently.

• 4 years later...

You can google these but stoeger and go fast dont suck have great scaled dryfire packages and if you are on a budget just buy them as budget allows

i found the white printable ones not favorable due to them being white

depending on what school of thought you come from ie stoeger says scaled is great while anderson says only use full size

• 6 months later...