Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
robert3405

First SCSA match

Shot my first SCSA match yesterday.  I shot PCCO with a Palmetto State Armory 16” 9mm carbine.  It was an awesome time!  Below are my results.  

60.84 total on 5 stages 

showdown 12.22

Pendulum 14.66

Smoke and hope 11.37

Accelerator 11.33

Roundabout 11.26 

I’ve never had more fun shooting in my life.  Lawrence County Sportsman’s Assoc in Wampum PA put on a great shoot.  Laid back atmosphere and many great folks.  

I’m pretty sure Wampum does a knockdown steel match. If you think SC if fun then give that a rip.

Shot my first SCSA match yesterday.  I shot PCCO with a Palmetto State Armory 16” 9mm carbine.  It was an awesome time!  Below are my results.  

60.84 total on 5 stages 

showdown 12.22
Pendulum 14.66
Smoke and hope 11.37
Accelerator 11.33
Roundabout 11.26 

I’ve never had more fun shooting in my life.  Lawrence County Sportsman’s Assoc in Wampum PA put on a great shoot.  Laid back atmosphere and many great folks.  

If you liked those, wait until your shoot a match with the 3 missing stages Five to Go, Speed Option and Outer Limits! They are the most challenging and require lots of focus to shoot them well. Welcome to the world of speed steel shooting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies!  I was pretty happy with my performance but I know I left a lot of time out there.  Look forward to improving with each shoot.  

Thanks for the replies!  I was pretty happy with my performance but I know I left a lot of time out there.  Look forward to improving with each shoot.  

Make sure to join USPSA and then you can track your progress on the SCSA classification page. Once you are classified you can see how you stack up against the upper level shooters, and chart your improvement. SC is super fun and addictive, and has become my favorite discipline.

Posted (edited)

Steel Challenge is a hoot, welcome Robert!

Edited by firewood

Steel Challenge is fun.  Practice is the key to getting better.  

Welcome to the dark side!

Good news... the ONE thing you need to practice for Steel is your draw from surrender. Shave that by .1 and you’re 4 seconds faster for the match.

Welcome to the club!  Shame you are across the state.  We have a monthly match on the eastern side of PA of all 8 stages, plus the East Coast Steel Challenge Championship in September.  Not to mention the PA Steel League (http://steelshooters.com).