Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Autocomp in non-comp pistol?

BruceinWV

I have a pound of Autocomp left over from when I had a compensated pistol (now gone). I’d like to use it for practice in non-comp pistols. What’s the downside of using up this powder in a factory non-comp G34/G17/G19 with 145gr Acme RN coated bullet? Safety, excessive muzzle flash, other???

Edited by BruceinWV

I will use it for minor for my wife. I load 5gr with a 124gr bullet. It gives a 134PF. (I also use it for my 9 major load) She doesn't shoot a lot so rather than have a separate powder, I just use what I have on the shelf.

• 2 weeks later...

Loaded 115 Acme and 125 Blue Bullet with 4.8 Autocomp and CCI 500 primers based on the loads listed at Winchester reload data pages as starting point using 1.15 OAL and plunk tests. Tried both in G34 and G19 to be sure they feed and knock down steel targets. So far no FTF or FTE with small test groups of 100 rounds of each. Time to check velocities when I can borrow test gear from friend at my shooting club. I like the 125’s because they are close to duplicating my carry rounds.

I use it for my 9mm major loads in open and tried some of it to load regular 9mm loads. 4.8 of it behind a 124 CMJ was a nice shooting load in my G17L and a few other 9mm's I tried it in. 

• 2 weeks later...

It is a versatile powder You can load 115's to 147's.  I use it for major and have it worked out to about a turn and a half to make minor loads for my practical gun for 3 gun.