Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Life Taken Well Before Its Time...

Barrettone

What a waste. To have a 28 year old who was so full of life killed because some 17 year old punk decides to go out and get drunk with daddies boat and kill another. Out at 12:30 in the morning with his buddies, weed on the boat, and freshly off a tether the previous week from another DUI. Little shit didn't even have a license, and he is f**king flying around the lake in the dark with no lights on!!! Where are the PARENTS!!! In my day, if my 'ol man had to put up with my 17 year old ass getting a drunk driving ticket, I wouldn't be getting the keys to ANYTHING!!! I'd be lucky to be alive myself after his wrath was bestowed upon me. This just plain sucks. To my cousin Mike...Rest in Peace...we'll be with you someday. :(

Jeff

My God, I'm SOOOO sorry to hear this. Incrediblty so.

This kind of thing happens around here, too. We haven't had that exact same thing happen yet THIS year, but it's happened here in the very recent past, you bet. Idiots! :angry::angry:

Many of the dreadful auto accidents (often involving fatalities) we have here, too, are perpetrated by jerks who've had their license yanked (usually DUI), who might also be drunk, or who just STOLE the vehicle they're in!! What's WRONG with people??!! And yes, some (if not many) of these accidents involve juveniles! Like you said, "Where are the parents...??" :wacko::wacko:

Oh man...that sucks so badly!!! :( My sincere condolences to your family. :(

Few if any states actually license boat drivers, no training involved. Just buy a boat and go. :wacko: It may be recreation but it is still dangerous. It is just insane.

Up until a boat load of teens was killed when they whacked into a pier at around 50 MPH it wasn't even illegal to drive a boat under the influence in Idaho. That changed but it seems to not be enforced until there is an accident.

Thanks guys...Hopefully the judicial system will take care of this properly. We were very moved when the president sent one of his aides to hand-deliver a signed condolence letter from himself and the first lady to his parents. They honored him with a front page memorial in the local paper as well. He was quite a guy, and he knew EVERYBODY. His nickname was "Motor", short for "motor-mouth". He worked a lot for childrens groups as well as domestic abuse centers / shelters. What a terrible loss for the community. :( He was a great guy. I'm sure the heat will be on whatever judge hears the case since he was such a pillar of the community. The s.o.b. that killed him shouldn't stand a chance at getting leniency, and rightfully so!!! :angry: