Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
cbrussell

Mr Bullet Feeder Pro

Recommended Posts

I am curious as to why the Mr. Bullet Feeder Pro cost is so high? The price on the improved bullet dropper is pretty steep as well. Is the adjustable stand going to be a stand alone option? I am trying to decide between the standard version with the dropper and stand add ones and the Pro version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a new product and not going to be sold to a lot of people.

 

kind of like the TI-2500, the first hand held calculator cost $150 and ran off 6 batteries.  Now my bank gives away solar powered ones that have square root function and memory for free.

 

If the Chinese could sell a few million at Harbor Freight, they would steal the intellectual property and sell them there for $19.99 with coupon.

 

Supply/demand

 

 

Edited by jmorris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pro comes standard with the evolution press, but I also do not see the "significant"  advantage that the price would suggest to be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Higher quality bullet dropper assembly, bigger bullet collator and stand-alone adjustable stand for the collator.  Is that worth the extra $500?  Dunno but wth, it works great on my 1050.  Now who can invent a primer collator/feeder like the Evo has?  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can the new revised bullet dropper be fitted the lower cost Mr. Bullet Feeder? I am thinking that if I went that direction with the Mr.  Bullet Feeder bracket I could make my own stand and save a few bucks. Maybe around $300.00 or so. Maybe worth it to get a better collator with bigger motor. Decisions, decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cbrussell said:

Can the new revised bullet dropper be fitted the lower cost Mr. Bullet Feeder? I am thinking that if I went that direction with the Mr.  Bullet Feeder bracket I could make my own stand and save a few bucks. Maybe around $300.00 or so. Maybe worth it to get a better collator with bigger motor. Decisions, decisions.

 

I just bought one to do the same thing myself. The package arrived today but I haven’t had the chance to make it to the garage and double check. 

 

It’s just a die that screws into the press and a spring that attaches to the top. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thetimb said:

 

I just bought one to do the same thing myself. The package arrived today but I haven’t had the chance to make it to the garage and double check. 

 

It’s just a die that screws into the press and a spring that attaches to the top. 

Please update with pics when you get it going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Old and new next to each other on a tool head. 

 

 

 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_d57.thumb.jpg.e79fb69d16cf238e49246589f075de41.jpg

 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_d58.thumb.jpg.559087738072a09da16147c272ee980c.jpg

Edited by Thetimb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought which I will preface by saying I am not trying to cast “shade” on a good product. I was wondering why the the improved bullet dropper costs $148.00? It would seem to me if it is an improvement it would be incorporated into the new shipping machines or at least made available at a nominal cost. Same for the universal off the case feeder mounting bracket and the upgraded motor/ feeder. Although I can understand that the upgraded bullet collator is geared more to the production automated user. Not a deal breaker, just curious. Certainly the product has stood the test of time when others have fallen by the wayside such as the GSI machine. On another topic; a while back Rick from Mr. Bullet Feeder, indicated he was working on some sort of die station or whatever, that would allow the use of the power check die on the 1050 long with the bullet feeder. Any update on this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to ask. What is the problem with the original MBF again? Mine is flawless. I could see a larger hopper if you load commercially but my motor is fine, dropper is fine. I did build a stand alone mount just to take the weight off my case feeder but other than that.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe nothing; I thought from reading that there was an issue with the bullet drop. Maybe I have it all wrong. I thought there must be some kind of issue since they changed the design for the Pro model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cbrussell said:

Maybe nothing; I thought from reading that there was an issue with the bullet drop. Maybe I have it all wrong. I thought there must be some kind of issue since they changed the design for the Pro model.

I have read one or two comments about the motor going bad but I don’t think it’s a prevalent issue.

  As far as the dropper, I think proper adjustments fix most issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I concurr with Sarge.  I use a friends bullet feeder and use everything from coated to lead cast and once it is adjusted properly runs great.  The other for the pro may simply be purposed for running with automated commercial use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I have to ask. What is the problem with the original MBF again? Mine is flawless.

 

 

Even back when they were called KISS they worked flawless and were pretty simple devices.  Received one of the MBF ones with a machine I picked up and seeing how it ticked and started dropping little balls everywhere. :)

 

I suppose someone must have been having some kind of problems they fixed with the design change(s), either that or it reduces manufacturing costs.  That’s the only two reasons to make changes. 

Edited by jmorris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sarge said:

I have to ask. What is the problem with the original MBF again? Mine is flawless. I could see a larger hopper if you load commercially but my motor is fine, dropper is fine. I did build a stand alone mount just to take the weight off my case feeder but other than that.......

 

Mine has zip ties going everywhere to make it stand straight and drop properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perceived value?

 

The bigger brass weight on the dropped i can understand,  should help keep the output spring from pulling up which is mostly imo an alignment issue not a product fault, and get the Dropper to "home" a little quicker

Taller tube section also give more weight of stack to seat the bullet into the flared case

 

Dropper body changed to steel? Seen the original alum dropper bodies destroyed by monkeys with channel locks cause they wouldn't loosen a lock ring And seen grooving from the steel ball bearings as well in high volume usage  big enough issue MBF sells dropper bodies as a catolog item

Delrin balls prevents the grooving btw

those changes worth the price difference in droppers?  Maybe

 

The adjustable stand ?

Ok that's a nice touch gets the weight off the case feeder

Not sure it's worth the coin but nice touch and maybe needed if going heavy on bullets

125    230gr 45s and you start out with 4lbs hanging  there

 

The bigger collator ?

Commercial loader market and mine is bigger than yours snob appeal ?,

 

You need to refill primers every 100ish and top up the powder measure anyway

What's it take to dump a yogurt cup of two of bullets in at that time?

 

Rick developed a good concept

Saul had the funding to comercialize it

and factory produce it 

Then tweak it and upsize it for the comercialized And conspicuous consumption crowd

 

he's charging what the market will bear

Basic econ101

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sure would be nice if they would sell the adjustable stand. Save rigging something up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2018 at 4:55 AM, jbinpa59 said:

Perceived value?

 

The bigger brass weight on the dropped i can understand,  should help keep the output spring from pulling up which is mostly imo an alignment issue not a product fault, and get the Dropper to "home" a little quicker

Taller tube section also give more weight of stack to seat the bullet into the flared case

 

Dropper body changed to steel? Seen the original alum dropper bodies destroyed by monkeys with channel locks cause they wouldn't loosen a lock ring And seen grooving from the steel ball bearings as well in high volume usage  big enough issue MBF sells dropper bodies as a catolog item

Delrin balls prevents the grooving btw

those changes worth the price difference in droppers?  Maybe

 

The adjustable stand ?

Ok that's a nice touch gets the weight off the case feeder

Not sure it's worth the coin but nice touch and maybe needed if going heavy on bullets

125    230gr 45s and you start out with 4lbs hanging  there

 

The bigger collator ?

Commercial loader market and mine is bigger than yours snob appeal ?,

 

You need to refill primers every 100ish and top up the powder measure anyway

What's it take to dump a yogurt cup of two of bullets in at that time?

 

Rick developed a good concept

Saul had the funding to comercialize it

and factory produce it 

Then tweak it and upsize it for the comercialized And conspicuous consumption crowd

 

he's charging what the market will bear

Basic econ101

 

 

 

 

we only load primed and processed brass so it just goes and goes and goes unless there is a jam.  i can see the larger collator being better as i can put 500 bullets in there and have less monitoring.

 

aside from the materials in the actual feeder die on the tool head is there anything else that is different, does it still work the same way?

 

steel bearings or delrin?  we've used the delrin but they wear out and will stick then dump all the bullets out at once.  any experience with steel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanna say they're steel. If you want to know more specifics Rick the inventor is really easy to contact and has always quickly responded to inquiries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

going to revive this old thread rather than start a new one but is it possible to buy just the larger collator?

 

we already have 4 Mr bullet feeders and piles of accessories for these so we don't want to spend $900 or so on each just for the larger feeder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sardo67 said:

going to revive this old thread rather than start a new one but is it possible to buy just the larger collator?

 

we already have 4 Mr bullet feeders and piles of accessories for these so we don't want to spend $900 or so on each just for the larger feeder

I haven't seen just the collator without any other parts available anywhere. It also comes with a stand as you dont want to mount it to a case feeder. I have both feeders, they are great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sardo67 said:

going to revive this old thread rather than start a new one but is it possible to buy just the larger collator?

 

we already have 4 Mr bullet feeders and piles of accessories for these so we don't want to spend $900 or so on each just for the larger feeder

 

 

I would call them and ask, especially if you wanted to buy 4 - I bet they would work something out with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...