Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canki TP9 SFx Trigger Upgrade

bigdawgbeav

1 hour ago, mike NM said:

HoMie,...That I did... The best package I could find anywhere, didn't have both sizes... 3/8" is the most popular for the "pinewood" cars .... I don't see spending $50.00 +  for this mod. to get 2 sizes.......In one of the pictures you can see a label, even that "source" is not listing both 1/4" and 3/8" in one package on their website????...

Call them up and say you don’t need a 10 pack and if they can ship mixed diameter? Tungsten isn’t as cheap as lead. 

Yeah I had thought about putting some lead in mine, fishing weights most likely. Glad to see you have already tested it. The only thing is that If you shoot Production or CO you will be over max weight which is max 2 oz above factory posted weight. To be honest once you have a mag inserted it pretty much balances fine anyway, add some rounds and it is rear heavy.

4 minutes ago, MrPostman said:

Yeah I had thought about putting some lead in mine, fishing weights most likely. Glad to see you have already tested it. The only thing is that If you shoot Production or CO you will be over max weight which is max 2 oz above factory posted weight. To be honest once you have a mag inserted it pretty much balances fine anyway, add some rounds and it is rear heavy.

Weight limit is 4oz over now

Edited by HoMiE
Speeling

Well, here we go again..... Production vs. Carry Optics and the "rule" book.... I have the SFX with a Vortex Venom and use the TF Canik base pad extentions (22 rds.). IT won't  fit in the box, anyway.....I'm a long time USPSA member ..... Won't be long before the "rule" book is larger than the New York City phone book.... Don't get me wrong, I"M ALL FOR SAFETY!. 

I really wasn't trying to rain on anyones parade, I just would rather say something than have someone go to a major and then be disqualified due to an overweight pistol. Of course I was unaware of the rule change so there ya go.....It's good that they are addressing issues when they arise and making changes to the rules.

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2018 at 8:25 AM, mike NM said:

Weapon.... Were you able to get the 1/4" and the 3/8" weights in one package???.... (I checked all mentioned source's  everywhere I could and  didn't find such packaging)..... If you did ??? can you give a part # out.... This will be my next mod.... Mike

Apologies for the slow response - I shifted to a slightly different position and area at work and it has been sucking up all my time.

I had a few different sized weights on hand from a previously project but I would 

check with Midwest Tungsten Service:

https://www.tungsten.com/products/tungsten-rod/

You will probably have to call or email them but they have tungsten rod from .030” up to 4” diameter.

Another possible option would be tungsten fishing weights - those are available in several sizes.

the 3/8” diameter weights on the bottom add most of the weight. If you widen/deepen the channels in the backstrap from top to bottom, you could always file or grind down the tops on 3/8” diameter rod to let the backstrap close.

Every now and then, you can find a small set of the 3/8” or 1/4” weights on sale for under $10