Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Apex trigger has me stumped - Aaaaarg

71Commander

7 minutes ago, Fastlil1 said:

Is the apex trigger often this difficult to install properly? I'm planning to get one soon, and am debating between installing it on my own or dropping it at the gunsmith. 

Dunno about "often", I followed the instructions with my Flat FSS kit and with a tiny tweak of the loop had a very nice functional trigger. 

I did have a little experience with how it all works from doing a trigger job with the factory parts, and then again when I replaced the sear housing with the big spring version and trigger bar and slide lock to most recent versions.

I think a lot of it has to do with the condition of your trigger bar. Mine was one of the first generations (no letter) and I just couldn't get the loop set right - a literal hair too much and I had a dead trigger, too little and I had no reset. I've since replaced it with a new "H" stamped bar. I also swapped the FFSS for the CAEK but that was more of a preference about feel.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 9:31 AM, Fastlil1 said:

Is the apex trigger often this difficult to install properly? I'm planning to get one soon, and am debating between installing it on my own or dropping it at the gunsmith. 

I've installed three. including one in a shield.  They all worked fine for me and believe me, I'm no pro.  I just watch Youtube videos and do as I'm told.  I will say they can be a pain but if you spend enough time on it, they come out very nice.

Edited by gaj529