Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Word_Bro

Some General 2011 Questions for 2011 Newbies

Hey guys,

As my gun tastes have been growing increasingly more expensive, I just started looking into STI's and Atlas Gun Works 2011's. 

As I was about to put an order in for a 2011, I was asked questions I have no capability of competently answering. Things like trigger bow stuff, short/med/long. 

I don't know what else to mention, as my only real experience is in the Glock realm, and some CZ experience. 

Can anyone tell me where to start?

Basically, I'd like to order a 2011 for Limited Major.

Thanks guys

I'd buy a used STI, if you are able in California, and use that for a while

until you can answer the questions yourself.

Then, you will be able to either sell the gun for most of what you paid

for it, OR use it as a backup gun    :) 

2 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I'd buy a used STI, if you are able in California, and use that for a while

until you can answer the questions yourself.

Then, you will be able to either sell the gun for most of what you paid

for it, OR use it as a backup gun    :) 

Fortunately, I'm a Texas resident. Thank you for the input!

4 minutes ago, Word_Bro said:

Fortunately, I'm a Texas resident. 

Whoa, that's great !!!

Go buy yourself a used 2011 and have a blast with it -

they are The Greatest thing since the wheel    :) 

1 minute ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Whoa, that's great !!!

Go buy yourself a used 2011 and have a blast with it -

they are The Greatest thing since the wheel    :) 

Will do, anything in particular I should be aware of when inspecting a used 2011?

3 hours ago, Word_Bro said:

Fortunately, I'm a Texas resident. Thank you for the input!

I of course 2nd what Hi-Power Jack said, buying a used gun you do not get the fast depreciation of a new gun and lets you get used to a model before with the ability to sell close to what you bought it for.  You might even like the gun and just get mods done on the gun and keep it.  I did that with an older STI Edge and ended up selling the gun to a friend to get him into shooting.  

1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Same old stuff    :) 

Sweet, thank you Hi-Power Jack!

1 hour ago, Banacek said:

I of course 2nd what Hi-Power Jack said, buying a used gun you do not get the fast depreciation of a new gun and lets you get used to a model before with the ability to sell close to what you bought it for.  You might even like the gun and just get mods done on the gun and keep it.  I did that with an older STI Edge and ended up selling the gun to a friend to get him into shooting.  

I appreciate the feedback, thank you very much!

Find a used 2011 Edge, they come up here all the time.  Then start trying different modifications to it to see what you like (SVI trigger with interchangeable inserts - buy several and try them, standard adjustable blade rear sight vs notched rear sight, red or green fiber optic front sight insert, standard STI magwell vs. Dawson Ice, etc...).  Once you figure out what you like most then order what fits your needs.

Since the tigger bows are interchangeable the worst case is you blow a few bucks swapping. But based on your previous tiggers you should know whether you'd like to go longer or shorter than "average/normal/standard". Same for flat versus curved. 

If you buy an Atlas 2011 and pay for the 3 month pre-order price and can wait for it, then you're pretty much even on resale if you need to sell it later since you're providing a completed hard-to-find high end pistol to the next buyer. I sold my Atlas Titan 2011 for what I paid for it after shooting 4000 rounds, basically broke it in for the guy. (I now shoot an Atlas 1911 because I live in NY and the 2011 was, umm.... 10 round 2011 mags are disheartening. But such a nice pistol!)

Obviously lots of people use other good pistols and if you buy a used STI 2011 for a good price and put a season on it then if you sell it for $100 less you got a good pistol for a low rental fee. 

Edited by Frankly

Can’t compare it to anything but a G35 but I absolutely love my Atlas Titan.

PM Adam Nilson and he’ll be happy to talk to you about your shooting needs.