Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Side Saddle for Benelli M2

Bimmer

The extra weight of the sidesaddle and screwing it to the receiver can cause issues with cycling in the M2.  A velcro attached sidesaddle with elastic loops were preferred back in the day.  Here's an old thread that covers that: http://forums.brianenos.com/topic/94683-benny-benelli-m2-cycling-problems-suggestions/

That said sidesaddles are much slower to load than quad or even load two's.  Loading two from a caddy is easy to learn and will be much faster than loading from a sidesaddle.

I was watching a tactical defense type video about side saddles and while the guy was the fastest I’ve ever seen with one, he was averaging 12 seconds to load six. And it was fumbly and took more practice than a 3g load.

I’d rather have a handful of shells in my pocket and keep my shotgun narrow and nimble.

Better yet have a pistol with your shotgun.

On 4/17/2018 at 11:48 PM, Frankly said:

I was watching a tactical defense type video about side saddles and while the guy was the fastest I’ve ever seen with one, he was averaging 12 seconds to load six. And it was fumbly and took more practice than a 3g load.

I’d rather have a handful of shells in my pocket and keep my shotgun narrow and nimble.

Better yet have a pistol with your shotgun.

Yep  better off loading weak hand or 2s or 4s.

However 12 sec for 6 shells is not quick for that technique. Back when people strong hand loaded from arm bands and side saddles I have seen my friend Jeff Cramblit strong hand load  and get 8 loaded in the 8 sec range shot to shot.

Jeff was/is quite a bit faster than that, and he was in the 5.5- 6 second range for 8 for the good old turn and burn. A close second for this was The two Bennys, Hill and Cooley. I miss me some Jeff Cramblit!!!!