Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Am I the only one here done with The Walking Dead?

lfine

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My interest in TWD was always tenuous but it quickly faded after the first few seasons.  It was a neat idea that was poorly executed from the outset but I, foolishly, kept thinking it might get better.  It didn't.

I think there is one more season left then they milk the spinoffs. But geez some of those zombies must be getting pretty rotten by now.

Just like the recycled plot lines. 

On 4/17/2018 at 5:34 PM, xdnok said:

I could not even finish last year and have not even bothered to watch this year. Constant win/lose made me dizzy, so I fell of the habit of watching.

Same here.

Can’t say precisely when...but at some point, the interesting aspects of TWD (survival,  resource gathering, adrenaline, etc) gave way to a soap opera melodrama. 

The writers don’t even bother creating suspense or fear in the audience. It’s a zombie show, not Greys Anatomy! 

You know, if Rick just held on to one round every time he runs after someone shooting, even Barney Fife style, when he finally catches up he'd have a much easier time.  

• 2 weeks later...

It has been the same thing for many seasons now -

Stop/Settle somewhere (Farm House, Prison, Alexandria, Hilltop), then ruin the place and move to the next location to ruin.

To me it was best in the beginning when they were scavengers and nomadic. Now they seem to have an endless supply of electric, food, water, shelter, fuel, etc.

2 hours ago, Umbrarian said:

It has been the same thing for many seasons now -

Stop/Settle somewhere (Farm House, Prison, Alexandria, Hilltop), then ruin the place and move to the next location to ruin.

To me it was best in the beginning when they were scavengers and nomadic. Now they seem to have an endless supply of electric, food, water, shelter, fuel, etc.

ammo

cans

full auto with barrels that seem to shoot crooked

but I have yet to see a twinkie