Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belt for daily carry

practical_man

Need a new belt for EDC. Preferably an infinitely adjustable type. Must be appropriate for business or smart casual wear. 

Details. AIWB carry of a small magazine fed pistol. Previous belt was traditional 1.5” wise from Kirkpatrick leather. Worked great; now worn out. 

Looking for leather replacement. Ideally infinitely adjustable and doesn’t scream gun belt. Some places carry is prohibited so pistol is secured off body. 

Looking for your experiences with the options. 

Thanks

-john

2 hours ago, Jeff_Alan said:

I like the Blade-Tech Ultimate Carry...

https://blade-tech.com/products/ucb

Plus a dang 100 on that one, these belts are great !  Started with Tan, then just ordered a black from Dillon, will get a nicer leather one next, Got a ratchet like gadget that works really well and it DOES not loosen stays right where you put it.

Volund Gearworks makes some phenomenal carry belts. Very stiff and durable, plus there’s a couple options on the buckling systems whether it be G-Hook or Cobra buckles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try the beltman.com   I got one of his tapered, elephant hide belts for Christmas and have worn it everyday at work since then.  Very stiff, and looks dressy enough to wear with my Ranger attire.  It might not have enough adjustment for you, but it works well with my gear.

The wilderness instructor belt 5 stitch is great, and even has a tapered end which is a thoughtful addition to make threading belt loops easy

Bullhide belts makes nice leather options

There are many cobra belts out there, take your pick of these as they all seem very similar

For function, quality, and money I'd say the wilderness instructor belt is my favorite and I've used multiple belts over the years. The only real advantages of the cobra buckle belts that I've seen/used is that they look cool, are fun to click on and off when you're bored, and are easier to take off your pants than the buckle the wilderness belt uses at the cost of more money and more issues threading through belt loops...

I've settled on an Alien Gear Belt.  Has a steel insert that carrys well it's comfortable, the holster doesn't sag and makes it feel lighter than it is.

They have black and brown.  Now that I think of it, may have to get a brown one for certain ensemble's?

4 hours ago, zombywoof said:

Hanks Amish belts are awesome. I have one, well made and very reasonably priced.

https://www.hanksbelts.com/

I have one that just wasn't very good. Maybe it was a lemon but in the future I'd rather spend a little more and get something from bullhidebelts, thebeltman, Milt Sparks, etc.

11 hours ago, pskys2 said:

I've settled on an Alien Gear Belt.  Has a steel insert that carrys well it's comfortable, the holster doesn't sag and makes it feel lighter than it is.

They have black and brown.  Now that I think of it, may have to get a brown one for certain ensemble's?

I don't think the steel insert is really necessary, my two layer nylon belts such as the wilderness instructor belt are stiff as hell, plus with a steel insert in a belt, my first thought is rust that you'll never be able to clean

On 4/22/2018 at 11:02 PM, polymerfeelsweirdman said:

I have one that just wasn't very good. Maybe it was a lemon but in the future I'd rather spend a little more and get something from bullhidebelts, thebeltman, Milt Sparks, etc.

I don't think the steel insert is really necessary, my two layer nylon belts such as the wilderness instructor belt are stiff as hell, plus with a steel insert in a belt, my first thought is rust that you'll never be able to clean

I was skeptical at first too, but once I started using it I found it essential.  Planning on using it for competition also.

I have worn the same Wilson Combat leather belt literally every day for at least 15 yrs. It does not wear out and is very good at holding everything up. The holes are spaced at 3/4" so it is very adjustable. Personally, I do not like velcro based belts or most of the nylon ones. They do not last as long as good leather.

• 2 weeks later...

Go check out the Daltech Force SuperBio Belt. It looks like leather but is made out of some polymer. I've worn the same belt for 4 years now. Worth the $50 I spent on it. I daily carry a full size 1911 so I would wear out leather belts every month. Haven't put any wear on this belt in 4 years. https://www.daltechforce.com/collections/superbio-gun-belts